NBA Playoffs!

Arkan

The NFL has many great coaches.

The NBA has so many coaches makingly insanesly stupid decisions day in and day out, it doesn't take much to be considered a great NBA coach. Jordan said if Jackson wasn't coaching, he would retire, and he loved basketball. That says alot to me.

When Phil went, so did a lot of players.

Yes, Phil won all 9 titles with great talent, so did Red Auerbach. And LA had both Shaq and Kobe before Phil Jackson, and couldn't win a title. Phil comes around, and they win three in a row. That should say something.

Jordan said if Jackson wasn't coaching, he would retire

Actaully, he said he wouldn't play for anyone but jackson and he lied! As he did play again, and not under Jackson.

When Phil went, so did a lot of players.

Simple, Jordan retired and the bulls had a lot of players with one year contracts that just finished. They choose to start rebuilding instead of signing those people. Nothing to do with phil.

And LA had both Shaq and Kobe before Phil Jackson, and couldn't win a title.

what should be noted is the new surrounding cast that LA put around those guys, that phil again had little to do with. I think Ron Harper was the only guy Phil brought on.

Actaully, he said he wouldn't play for anyone but jackson and he lied! As he did play again, and not under Jackson.

Jordan left for several years, and only came back for a team he partially owned, under a coach he personally hired.

Jordan quit the game he loved when Phil Jackson wasn't retained by the Bulls. Considering that Jordan played under GREAT coaching in North Carolina, that remains quite a move by Jordan.

Jordan left for several years, and only came back for a team he partially owned, under a coach he personally hired.

Jordan quit the game he loved when Phil Jackson wasn't retained by the Bulls. Considering that Jordan played under GREAT coaching in North Carolina, that remains quite a move by Jordan.

When Phil was let go, Jordan could have picked his coach next coach practically (just like he did in washington), he just wanted to retire.

Come on K. You gotta be kiddin'. This guy has won 9 titles, and probably will win his 10th with two different teams and youa re trying toa rgue that he's not as good as peopel claim him to be?

Please. Before him, the Lakers with Shaq and Kobey couldn't win a title at all. heck, Sahq was labeled a choker (a slag unfitting, imo, but still). Jordan stated quite clearly if the Bulls didn't keep Jackson, he would retire. Sure, he came back afetr a few years under completely different circumstances; but his respect for Jackson is evident. Bottom line is Jackson is the one of the best NBA coaches ever if not the best. The facts don't lie.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You flamed me? I didn't notice... Then again, I get flamed so much I probably thought you were being polite. :D

As for the East Winner, kinda irrelevant when the NBA Championship was 95% decided LAST round. :o

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Come on K. You gotta be kiddin'. This guy has won 9 titles, and probably will win his 10th with two different teams and youa re trying toa rgue that he's not as good as peopel claim him to be?

Please. Before him, the Lakers with Shaq and Kobey couldn't win a title at all. heck, Sahq was labeled a choker (a slag unfitting, imo, but still). Jordan stated quite clearly if the Bulls didn't keep Jackson, he would retire. Sure, he came back afetr a few years under completely different circumstances; but his respect for Jackson is evident. Bottom line is Jackson is the one of the best NBA coaches ever if not the best. The facts don't lie.

I repeat: "He isn't horrible, he is pretty good, but he is still and ass and isn't as "magical" as people give him credit for. IMO"

And he won alot of titles, with some of the best teams in history. Does he deserve credit for that? Sure. But the GMs of these teams deserve more credit.

You flamed me? I didn't notice... Then again, I get flamed so much I probably thought you were being polite. 

As for the East Winner, kinda irrelevant when the NBA Championship was 95% decided LAST round. 

A couple years ago, I rubbed in my friend's face (from Boston) that the Patriots didn't have a chance in the Super Bowl against the Rams with Faulk and Warner healthy. I ate some crow.

Last year, he turned around and counted out his Red Sox down two games to the A's in a best of three series. I guarateed the Red Sox would win three in a row. Then they turned around, beat the A's three times in a row, and gave the Yanks a damned good run for their money. They went 5 outs from going to the World Series.

Mike ended up eating some crow.

No one won anything yet in the NBA. I don't care for the Lakers, but I like their chances. However, they aren't even in the Finals yet. I didn't think the Pacers had it in them to win Game 4 in the East, and they surprised me.

Heck, look at the NHL. Who guessed that Calgary would be two games from winning it all? I thought the NHL shut down when Detroit and Colorado lost. Are they still playing hockey?

Sorry, I don't eatc row, and I'm not gonna start now. Sure, Lakers *may* lose. But, it's highly doubtful.

Not nearly impossible tho. It's just two games, one being a game 7 on the wolves home floor. If they weather game 6 tonight and Cassel comes back....oooooweeee, we got ourselves a series.

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) -- Lakers guard Derek Fisher has a sprained right knee and it was uncertain if he could play against Minnesota in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals.

His availability for Monday night would be a game-time decision, Lakers spokesman John Black said. The Lakers lead the best-of-seven series 3-2.

Considering the Wolves lack a true NBA caliber point guard, this could be big for them.