Update 3.03 not working ability

VVVVV

Question

11 answers to this question

Not works the ability of Doemenel to criticisim damage.Testing was on fire sword and the Fan of Flames.I do not want then to replay.How long to wait for fixes?
Fan of Flames

as far as i remember those +0.3 crit work weapon only :/

Fiery sword the same weapon also doesn't work with him. Why actually shouldn't work with Fan of Flames, there not such and the big increase goes on a loss - comparably to ability of Dezens(ability +5 to accuracy affects paralysis, the same Fan of Flames, and other spells of chanter (her it is easy to activate:Chill Fog,Slicken and many other things)

Edited by VVVVV

Given that the increase in crit multiplier isn't explicitly shown in the combat log, how did you verify that it doesn't work?

1)Fan of Flames,strength 10:30-42x1,5=45-63    30-42x1,8(+0,3)=54-75,6

2)fiery sword(2x at critical damage),strength 10:29-44x2=58-88    29-44x2,3(+0,3)=66,7-101,2

It is possible to check in fights.

Edited by VVVVV

That doesn't answer my question: how did you actually verify that this wasn't exactly the damage range used? Because I just tried it with Firebrand (the 'fiery sword'), and it works fine. Since it is a general CritHit bonus, it will thus work for Fan of Flames as well. 

So what's your data? What did you try to test this, that led you to the conclusion that it didn't work? How many times did you hit what target, what where the relevant other damage modifiers and DR, and what were the resulting damage values?

That doesn't answer my question: how did you actually verify that this wasn't exactly the damage range used? Because I just tried it with Firebrand (the 'fiery sword'), and it works fine. Since it is a general CritHit bonus, it will thus work for Fan of Flames as well. 

So what's your data? What did you try to test this, that led you to the conclusion that it didn't work? How many times did you hit what target, what where the relevant other damage modifiers and DR, and what were the resulting damage values?

We will allow for the Fan of Flames-->if at critical damage the loss is caused less than in this range that respectively ability doesn't work(54-75,6).And this main proof.In addition it can be confirmed with the fact that in a set of attempts value of critical damage lies in this range:45-63.Also and for a fiery sword.

I ask again: how did you test this? Which character, what where the other damage modifiers, what was the DR on the target, and what where the damage values? Because as I said, I just tried it and the results I get confirm that it does work: damage values are consistent with the predicted damage range with the +30%, with multiple values that would be impossible if the +30% was not added.

So either the issue is specific to your game, or it's actually working in your game as well and you're just not testing it properly. Absent a clear description of how you are testing it, I'm strongly inclined to believe it's the latter.

The there are more modifiers the it is more difficult to check.I had no modifiers of others except this ability to critical damages (strength 10).I have specified values of damages

Edited by VVVVV

Except that you didn't specify any values. You just specified a range, which you apparently got by simply multiplying the base damage range by 1.5. My question, which I'm slightly tired of repeating, is: how did you check this?

You are claiming that the Doemenel talent does not add the additional 30% damage on a critical hit. How do you know this? What steps did you take to come to this conclusion? Because the critical damage range isn't explicitly shown anywhere. The additional damage is not explicitly noted in the combat log either. So the only way to check this for a particular character + weapon/spell would be to (correctly) compute what the damage range is supposed to be according to the game descriptions, repeatedly hitting something with that weapon/spell, noting the actual damage done with those attacks, and checking whether this is consistent with the range they are supposed to fall into. Did you do this? Because I'm rather inclined to doubt it.

For Firebrand ('fiery sword') for example, the base damage is 20-30 damage. It has an inherent +45% damage, and on crit gets +100% for a total of +145%. This gives it an effective damage range of 49 - 73.5. If we add the Doemenel talent the crit bonus goes to +130% damage, the total bonus to +175%, and the damage range would be 55 - 82.5. Some testing will show that damage indeed falls in these ranges, confirming that the Doemenel talent indeed works.

Yes. I'm well aware. I have repeatedly asked you what values you were seeing (before DR). You must have made a note of them, given that based on those values you concluded that the Doemenel talent wasn't working. 

Here's what I observered for Eder (+48% damage, assorted bonuses) wielding Firebrand (20-30 base, +45% damage, +100% on crit).

- Expected damage range on crit: 58.6 - 87.9

- Observed crit damage on 10 consecutive hits: 86 69 59 72 68 79 61 71 64 68

Same, but adding the Doemenel talent, +30% more on crit:

- Expected damage range on crit: 64.6 - 96.9

- Observed crit damage on 10 consecutive hits: 92 90 92 82 85 67 93 68 91 70

In other words, clearly the talent works fine.