A few general questions.

Given it has a deck building aspect are we meant to be gathering a pool of boons these character decks can be made from with which we can switch cards in and out of the play deck between adventures, or is the only time they can be altered between scenarios with what is found in the recently finished scenario intentional (or when you are short a certain type of boon)?

With Story mode you can replay on Heroic and Legendary, are these meant to also give the Adventure Reward for completing all stages on those higher difficulties? (IE getting the reward up to 3 times, it always lists the adventure reward regardless of difficulty setting, and doesn't mention 'only once', but doesn't seem to award them once a character has gained them on a lower difficulty, you only get more gold).

With Quest mode what is the determining factor of the end of scenario experience?  (the participating characters seem to get XP for monsters and barriers but all characters gain the same amount regardless of whom individually defeated them or had help. While some scenarios can give quite a lot and others very little despite being a higher difficulty.  This leaves it confusing to determine where the XP is actually coming from).

It was also mentioned (in these forums I think it was) here that you keep cards if you forfit (to represent going into a mission and leaving with some loot from the scenario), are we meant to get no xp at all, or gain a lesser amount (again like with cards representing some time spent doing a scenario, but leaving it uncompleted)?

With missions does the placement of the difficulty nodes on the map have any representation to possible scenarios?

Kyra and Lem actually have a total lower base skill dice (one step lower in total) than other characters, but their powers aren't any really any better, or more useful than the powers others have on the whole, so why do they have lower base skills overall when compared to the other characters?

Is there any way to gain the P cards (Promo?) other than buying all the scenarios in the Runelord bundle?

You build the deck at the Beginning of the game. During the game you can improve your deck by using cards that you find From locations and get rewards.

Quest experience gains Are not known exacly. You get them by defeating banes, and collection boons and succesfully do the other checks as well as completing the scenario.

If you forfeit, or does not complete the scenario, you don't get exp, but you use that cards you did find during the scenario to upgrade your deck.

Difficulty modes give you more gold and open some new boons. They don't give new rewards.

Promo cards can only be gain by getting the Bundle. But there Are other cards that you can open.

Lini and lem Are maybe the most powerfull characters because They have power that gives them extra die to allmost all things They do.

Lini has Display Animal powers and Lini has that recharge a card to get boost. Real powerhouses!

Update: Errated wrong character Name.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Given it has a deck building aspect are we meant to be gathering a pool of boons these character decks can be made from with which we can switch cards in and out of the play deck between adventures, or is the only time they can be altered between scenarios with what is found in the recently finished scenario intentional (or when you are short a certain type of boon)?

- If you do not add a card to your deck, it is gone. You must find it again. You can only add/remove cards from your deck after a scenario. The only exception is when you first build a party.

With Story mode you can replay on Heroic and Legendary, are these meant to also give the Adventure Reward for completing all stages on those higher difficulties? (IE getting the reward up to 3 times, it always lists the adventure reward regardless of difficulty setting, and doesn't mention 'only once', but doesn't seem to award them once a character has gained them on a lower difficulty, you only get more gold).

- No You only get the Adventure Reward the FIRST time you beat it with each character.

With Quest mode what is the determining factor of the end of scenario experience?  (the participating characters seem to get XP for monsters and barriers but all characters gain the same amount regardless of whom individually defeated them or had help. While some scenarios can give quite a lot and others very little despite being a higher difficulty.  This leaves it confusing to determine where the XP is actually coming from).

- All characters gain an equal amount of XP at the end of a quest. The XP is from: Defeating Monsters, Defeating Barriers, Defeating Henchmen, Defeating the Villian, and Closing Locations.

It was also mentioned (in these forums I think it was) here that you keep cards if you forfit (to represent going into a mission and leaving with some loot from the scenario), are we meant to get no xp at all, or gain a lesser amount (again like with cards representing some time spent doing a scenario, but leaving it uncompleted)?

- If you forfeit a scenario you keep cards and gold earned, but you lose all XP earned.

With missions does the placement of the difficulty nodes on the map have any representation to possible scenarios?

- It does not seem so.

Kyra and Lem actually have a total lower base skill dice (one step lower in total) than other characters, but their powers aren't any really any better, or more useful than the powers others have on the whole, so why do they have lower base skills overall when compared to the other characters?

- Because that's how Piazo made the physical game. And their abilities are very useful, especially from a support standpoint.

Is there any way to gain the P cards (Promo?) other than buying all the scenarios in the Runelord bundle?

- Not Currently.

Thanks to all for the replies.

Kyra and lem Are maybe the most powerfull characters because They have power that gives them extra die to allmost all things They do.
Lini has Display Animal powers and Lini has that recharge a card to get boost. Real powerhouses!

Neither Kyra nor Lem have powers that always give them extra dice, only for fighting undead does Kyra get extra dice, while Lem can only get dice for others from recharging cards (as many other characters can).  Sure they both get quite a few blessings, but other characters get just as many.

- Because that's how Piazo made the physical game. And their abilities are very useful, especially from a support standpoint.

All the characters have some very useful abilities, Kyra and Lem really aren't any different in this approach (accept maybe more directly support focused and less individual focused).

Sadly even over on the Pazio forum I've not been able to track down an answer for this.

Also, remember that this was the First Adventure Path.  This is how it started.  It's been evolving steadily since this inception.

In point of fact, from S&S, Ranzak, Lem, Alahazra, Lem, and Seltyiel all have forty "sides" worth of base-skills rather than the 42 everyone else got.  However, nobody SINCE has been "balanced" in that way.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Class Deck Lem has the same number of base skill dice as everyone else.  He also has Arcane, Diplomacy, and Divine: Charisma +2; and Knowledge: Intelligence +2.  He is my favorite bard (and one of my favorite characters) EVAR.

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Class Deck Lem has the same number of base skill dice as everyone else.  He also has Arcane, Diplomacy, and Divine: Charisma +2; and Knowledge: Intelligence +2.  He is my favorite bard (and one of my favorite characters) EVAR.

Fixed it for you...

• Like 1

Also, remember that this was the First Adventure Path.  This is how it started.  It's been evolving steadily since this inception.

In point of fact, from S&S, Ranzak, Lem, Alahazra, Lem, and Seltyiel all have forty "sides" worth of base-skills rather than the 42 everyone else got.  However, nobody SINCE has been "balanced" in that way.

Well that would explain things.  Thanks for the heads up.