Lightsabers

Since threads actually concerning the TSL seem to be becoming scarcer I thought I would try to inject some relevent points into the General Discussion Forum.

Here's what we know:

Colours

There are going to be 10 standard colours and an undetermined number of special colours.

The standard colours we know that will appear are: blue, green, yellow, red, purple, white/silver.

The special colours we suspect to be in are aqua and orange (Mantle of the Force and Heart of the Guardian).

Hilts

There are not going to be customizable hilts (last I heard), although it is possible that some hilts may differ slightly (your own lost lightsaber for instance).

Upgrades

The lightsaber now has 6 upgrade points: colour crystal, 2 attribute crystals, lens, emitter, power cell.

Stances

Stances are not simply chosen, you have to earn them.

Stances will affect your offensive and defensive properties.

There are at least 5 different stances.

The stances are affected by your force powers (according to Akari's hunches).

If anyone has any additional information then I'll update this post so you don't all have to wade through post after post to get to a single sentence. Thx alot.

I am immensely interested in stances, if only due to the simple fact that there are different animations! Thank God, more varied animations. I was getting tired of the ones from KotOR. It is also known that they will "affect defensive and offensive properties." Whatever the heck that means. I think Akari said they also modified your default standing stance as well. That too is a godsend, as I can't express how stupid the double-bladed "pole" position was.

Guest Fallen Jedi

I guess the stance I'm looking forward use is the Revan-stance.

I'm guessing it'll have some defensive bonuses by the looks of it...

I guess the stance I'm looking forward use is the Revan-stance.

I'm guessing it'll have some defensive bonuses by the looks of it...

maybe, but i just thought it looked ubercool, and if i have a PC (no matter how powerfull he is) that looks s*it, i sort of dont get that WOW factor.....if you know what i mean.

The more skilled and experienced the PC looks the better i feel they are actually improving themselves, but we already know thats in, BUT if it pulls it off remains to be seen :p

I love Darth Revan's fighting style. To me it just says.......post-1139-1093204394.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Was there ever a real example shown of his/her fighting style? They showed the stance and one small scene with the Revan of old fighting but nothing more.

That maybe but u can tell its the Sh1t! post-1139-1093204709.gif

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Perhaps,perhaps not.

After Revan's fall he/she never actually went up against another strong Jedi that I know of anyway. He/she did face Malak to see who was the stonger,but Malak wasn't much of a Sith. And yes he/she would have beat the Jedi led by Bas but none of them looked like much either.

Then again we don't know if there were all that many great Light Jedi,game wise, at that point in time.

Not busting Revan or the game I really liked both but he/she gets a lot of praise for things that were never really shown to be tested in the game. Or things said that are more fan bias then have been shown. Such as the Dark Revan being the true Revan. Revan was Light,fell to the dark side,and through the game has a choice to go to either side. Is there a true form?

Ummm...

:blink:

OT...

More colors are a good thing IMO...

Perhaps,perhaps not.

After Revan's fall he/she never actually went up against another strong Jedi that I know of anyway. He/she did face Malak to see who was the stonger,but Malak wasn't much of a Sith. And yes he/she would have beat the Jedi led by Bas but none of them looked like much either.

Then again we don't know if there were all that many great Light Jedi,game wise, at that point in time.

Not busting Revan or the game I really liked both but he/she gets a lot of praise for things that were never really shown to be tested in the game. Or things said that are more fan bias then have been shown. Such as the Dark Revan being the true Revan. Revan was Light,fell to the dark side,and through the game has a choice to go to either side. Is there a true form?

Ummm...

OT...

More colors are a good thing IMO...

Have faith my brother! post-1139-1093205320.gif

Was there ever a real example shown of his/her fighting style? They showed the stance and one small scene with the Revan of old fighting but nothing more.

2tru, revan just looks like he dosnt give a s*it about none of them, and he is just about to put foot to ass when malak the prat has his little, i'll whack you now because i darent face you routine

2tru, revan just looks like he dosnt give a s*it about none of them, and he is just about to put foot to ass when malak the prat has his little, i'll whack you now because i darent face you routine

post-1139-1093205518.gif

Have faith my brother!

Shouldn't that be...

I find your lack of a faith disturbing... :blink:

Heh,a guy doesn't let pride get in the way of his dreams and everyone busts the poor guy... :D

Heh,a guy doesn't let pride get in the way of his dreams and everyone busts the poor guy... :D

:D :lol: :D he was still a fool though :p

he was still a fool though

Malak ranks up there with Jerec as,not all that worried about could pry take him with one hand behind my back,kind of bad guys.

JK and Knights are two my all time Fav games,but in JK I always thought Boc or Sarris would have made better leaders. And where Malak played his role well, that being a shoot from behind want the power but don't want to really take it type, he never had the on screen feel that some other SW Sith/Dark Jedi/bad guys had.

he was still a fool though

Malak ranks up there with Jerec as,not all that worried about could pry take him with one hand behind my back,kind of bad guys.

JK and Knights are two my all time Fav games,but in JK I always thought Boc or Sarris would have made better leaders. And where Malak played his role well, that being a shoot from behind want the power but don't want to really take it type, he never had the on screen feel that some other SW Sith/Dark Jedi/bad guys had.

Malak was a shirt-lifter. post-1139-1093206372.gif

:p

:lol:

:ph34r:

Yeah I'll leave that alone.

What a Dark Lord of Sith does on his or her own time is none of my business.

((Maybe that's how he lost his Jaw...  <_<  ))

post-1139-1093206845.gif

If anyone has any additional information then I'll update this post so you don't all have to wade through post after post to get to a single sentence. Thx alot.

Lightsabers also kick ass and cut through metal. :lol::p

post-1139-1093207148.gif