Feedback on quest mode card acquisition

As I have two tablets with different operating systems, I was able to test quest mode both as a "free" player, and as a player who had bought the $25 bundle. I've been playing quest mode for a while as both of these, and I must say that neither is much fun below level 20.

The basic problem is that you can choose the best cards from the basic card set when you create a group of new characters, and from then on you basically play with those same cards forever. That is most extreme for the free players who haven't grinded 10,000 gold to buy the C pack, because apart from very few exceptions where cards from story mode have been retrograded, they will never see anything other than basic cards until level 20. If you bought the bundle or spent 10,000 gold on the C pack, you'll get at least those. If you bought the bundle and played story mode a lot, you will probably have spent the gold you made there on treasure chests, so there are a few more different basic cards you can find that aren't available from the get go. But in general the fun of loot acquisition is very much missing for the first 20 levels of quest mode.

That is especially true for the level rewards at levels 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18 and 19: For all of these levels your reward is one card per character, but the randomly rewarded card is always from the basic set. So for 65% of the level up to 20 your level reward is a piece of useless junk that you'll immediately discard. That doesn't feel like much of a reward at all.

I would very much suggest level card rewards to be always of one tier higher than the cards you'll find in the scenarios. I would also recommend to lower the threshold at which you find cards from tier 1 to 10 instead of 20. What do you think?

• Like 2

I avidly agree on the card reward suggestion.  100% of the time through 30 levels it has just been me regretting even getting a reward because now I have to sort through the deck to find the junk to remove.  at least = teir or even teir above would really add a temptation to level up more heroes.

Card box rewards Are Also junc in the real Patfinder game, because They Are random. So this is as good as the real thing ;-)

Putting one level higher to reward pool is two edged Sword, because the normal loot at level 20-> would be most of the time not usefull because you allready get good stuff at level 11-19...

Maybe If you only would get really bad higher level loot as a card rewards, but Nah that would not be helpfull neither.

Maybe so that you would get non basic boons as reward? Not big help but something that you don't allready have in your deck From the Beginning.

One option would be that in quest mode you can not chose your starting equipment. And Also if you lose cards you would reblenish them by random, then even normal mace, or light crossbow would be Great upgrade ower Rusted short Sword or something similar that you would newer put in you deck normally. Then those good basic card like cure, or chain Mail would we Great rewards!

I am fine with "junk cards" if there was a faster way to discard them and go through the animations for each one.  It's just too slow.    If they addressed that, then I actually would prefer this system: 

• XP Level Rewards should be Card Feats, Power Feats, Skill Feats, and maybe Loot Cards

Card rewards should be tied to each quest attempt, randomly generated alongside the scenario itself.  These should not be 100% of the time, maybe 80% of the time you get an item, spell, etc.  

From there, I wouldn't mind if they then gave a small % to get something higher than your current party rating (If party is tier 1, then 90% chance of tier B, C, 1, and 10% chance of tier 2)

This way, you are always getting a reward for playing a quest and never have moments where you get nothing at all, and it would help with the RNG of cards.  

You would get less "levels", with most likely more XP between levels, but at least you would never play a full quest and only get gold/xp and no card rewards, plus, the only exciting part of "leveling" is the loot and feats anyway.  

Edited by wakasm