Had another bug today

Kgk4569

Question

In closing 1-2 at the festival location it requires you to defeat or acquire the next card. I encountered the Goblin Raid barrier. Both Lini and Sajan killed their goblins, but location would not close.

6 answers to this question

In closing 1-2 at the festival location it requires you to defeat or acquire the next card. I encountered the Goblin Raid barrier. Both Lini and Sajan killed their goblins, but location would not close.

Interesting... The fact of the matter is, while Zombie Nest and Zombie Horde expressly state their condition for defeating (that all summons should be defeated), there are 3 summon barriers in the game that don't actually specify a 'defeated' condition at all - Skeleton Horde, Skinsaw Ritual, and of course - Goblin Raid. Considering these card don't have a specified defeat condition even in the card game (I just checked the game FAQ at Paizo to make sure) - I won't be at all surprised if the appropriate code just hasn't been attached to them, as it wasn't expected to be relevant (and indeed, I think you stumbled upon the single condition in the whole RotR that would actually care about these barriers' status)

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

So, technically, by the card game rules, those barriers can't actually be "defeated", just banished.

Yup, that's where it currently stands.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

I wonder if this is intentional.

Unlikely. Back then, very few cards actually cared if another card than themselves is defeated or undefeated. The Goblin Raid just spawn a bunch of gobbos for you to fight, then disappears - it obviously doesn't care what you do with the Goblins, and it doesn't need to be defeated/undefeated by itself (contrast that wit Zombie Horde, which says exactly

when it it defeated, but only because it wants you to care what you do with the Zombies it summons).

In later card game sets (Skull & Shackles, Wrath of the Righteous) there has been a practice to errata cards that don't care if they're defeated/undefeated by themselves, only because a lot of other cards in the set *might* care. And for Rise of the Runelords - I literally can't think of another case than the Swallowtail closing combo that would make these barriers' status matter - so it's likely they slipped through the cracks.

• Like 1