Small data set, but I'm too lazy to bother with additional confirmation. Assuming the cap is 26 die, then you want to be rolling all d12s for a mean of 169 (max 312) plus whatever base modifiers you can cram into the equation. With extreme min-maxing, I'm sure it's possible to break 300, but again, I'm lazy.

I think you're right.   There is a hard limit of 26 displayed dice.  Not 100% sure what happens to dice in excess of 26, but it is entirely possible that they don't get rolled (or exist).  

I remember earlier in the game when there were bugs to add arbitrary quantities of dice, and I don't recall seeing rolls much in excess of 300.  I remember some 500+ rolls, but they all had some absurd +200 bonus from other exploits.

Edit:  After some additional investigation, dice in excess of 26 are essentially discarded.  They do not exist, and therefore do not get rolled.  Sure, it puts an upper-limit on Alpha strike fun, but if rolling a 300 won't do the job, you've run into a serious problem!   ;)

Edited by Ethics Gradient

All right, 26 is the die limit so doing some spitballing...

Amiri makes the check. You need someone with a base d12 combat die, and the casters aren't going to work because all of their Attack cards force you to roll tiny dice. Same problem with Merisiel, tiny weapon dice and Backstab is 2d6. Berserker Amiri gives you a baseline of 1d12(Strength) + 1d10(Rage) + 4(Rage) + 6(melee). You can discard a Vicious Great Axe for 2d12+6 and two Belts of Physical Might to round out her hand for an extra +4

Totaled up, that's 3d12 + 1d10 + 20 as the baseline, which I don't believe any other character can top. The remaining 22 dice can all come from blessings, easily done with enough Favors of Gorum and Lamashtu. For party comp, you want one Spell, Item, and Ally from everybody. I... don't think activated powers matter. Valeros, Harsk, and Lem's powers force you to roll small dice and even maxed out they can only match a d12. Any five of Seelah, Seoni, Kyra, Lini, Ezren, Sajan, and Harsk would work.

Spells (+18): Strength or Improved Guidance on everyone. Should be +15, but you can go crazy spamming Emerald Codexes on Amiri until she gets one too.

Allies (+36): Liberated Blue Dragons, at +6 each. Have fun farming a half dozen of them!

Items (+0): All the combat support items add dice, not modifiers. Sad times.

Put it all together, and you get: 25d12 + 1d10 + 74

Maximum roll with that is 384 (mean 242), and so that's about the ceiling unless I missed something major.

Edited by Nym
  • Like 2

You cand pile up more +X via spells. Encounter a critter, give her +18 via  strength spells, explore again, and then add improved guidances for the Alpha Strike. 

You can play around hand and deck limits by having characters in the same location and giving cards to Amiri (or to each other) to maximise the strike, too.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 1

Chest count: 136

You cand pile up more +X via spells. Encounter a critter, give her +18 via  strength spells, explore again, and then add improved guidances for the Alpha Strike. 

You can play around hand and deck limits by having characters in the same location and giving cards to Amiri (or to each other) to maximise the strike, too.

Ring of Serene Contortions? (AD6 treasure item)

Normally just a "reveal to add 2 dex"; the other powers is simply: bury this card to add 10 to your check.

Both good ideas, though I think Serene Contortions is a "your" check so it could only be a one of. Still, that would push the thoertical limit up over 400.

Edited by Nym
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...