[3.02] Twinned Arrows doesn't apply penalty to accuracy

Ronin@

Question

6 answers to this question

That I know of, the penalty applies normally but doesn't show up in your character record (you can verify this by checking the combat log.)

I reported this before 3.0; hopefully it will get fixed in the next patch.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

There's definitely something wrong. Take a look at these:

UtFun5K.jpg

bb1sYjz.jpg

Here you can see how my accuracy drops by 8 on the second shot of twinned arrows. It happens randomly and is totally unexplainable.

kg1K3a7.jpg

YlbWjfG.jpg

And here you can see that Twinned Arrows' accuracy penalty not only doesn't apply but I actually get a bonus. As a side note, Wounding shot doesn't provide any accuracy bonus to the attacks according to its description. (I don't have Accurate Wounding Shot but even if I did it still doesn't add up)

Edited by Ronin@

Hey Ronin@,

I'm going to guess you are a Wood Elf and also have the Marksman Talent. This could account for some of the 'randomness' in your accuracy rolls. I'll also give this some love and see if I can figure out why your Twined Arrow shots are rolling different Accuracy rolls. Which should probably never be the case.

- Can you upload your save file for me?

I got your back

-Sking

Hey Sking,

Actually I'm neither a Wood Elf nor do I have the Marksman Talent but you'll see that for yourself. There you go (that's a save just before the moment I've taken the screenshots from):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kikauvqmmhpksvp/0e64ce5b06134f23b32d74f0901cd134%2018822499%20CrgholdtBluffs.savegame?dl=0

Keep in mind that both of these anomalies only happen occasionally so you'll probably have to engage in a couple of fights before you experience them. 

Thank you for your time and effort  :)

Aha!!!!

Took me like 30 minutes but I was able to figure out what happened. The attack directly after a successful retaliate is sharing the retaliate accuracy. Take Garodh's Chorus off your Ranger and you should no longer see this accuracy fluctuation. 

I'll also get a bug in for this, though being so minor we might not get to it.

I got your back

-Sking

[Edit] Twinned Arrows combined with Driving Flight is also causing a 10 point accuracy loss every other shot. Adding it to my bug report. We hope to get a fix in a future patch.

• Like 2

That I know of, the penalty applies normally but doesn't show up in your character record (you can verify this by checking the combat log.)

[Edit] Twinned Arrows combined with Driving Flight is also causing a 10 point accuracy loss every other shot. Adding it to my bug report. We hope to get a fix in a future patch.

These will be fixed in 3.04 (and the accuracy penalty from Twinned Arrows should just behave better in general).

• Like 2