Maerwald is down - that was easy.

Immobilize the Blights with Winter Wind -> Dance around Maerwalds Spells -> Debuff & Damage him with Sun Beam + Talons Reach -> Rush in with Enraged Catform -> Over!

I updated the Rules Section to make things a bit clearer. I will be out for a while - good luck everyone! :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 1

i will use a ranged weapon once - sorry guys :x

i didnt know about: if you encounter the thugs in the supply and demand questline... and go and rest, the enemies arent enemies anymore, however, for the quest you HAVE to kill them (at least the one with the key) if i attack them in melee they instantly make me prone - surround and kill me before i get up again... its too much exp to not get it done... i could have done it without resting, but i didnt know about it... now i have no good safe file where i could do it in one fight... so :x

lvl 6 now... one more level and i will challenge heritage hill for the first try.

i will use a ranged weapon once - sorry guys :x

i didnt know about: if you encounter the thugs in the supply and demand questline... and go and rest, the enemies arent enemies anymore, however, for the quest you HAVE to kill them (at least the one with the key) if i attack them in melee they instantly make me prone - surround and kill me before i get up again... its too much exp to not get it done... i could have done it without resting, but i didnt know about it... now i have no good safe file where i could do it in one fight... so :x

lvl 6 now... one more level and i will challenge heritage hill for the first try.

The game makes several autosaves now, surely you will have one?

i didnt go back to the fight immediatly - i went to a different area first, thought it was easier to do with that level, after the first enemy down i decided to do other quests first - so no, i would have lost a few hours (if i even had a safe)... i used one shot with the ranged weapon to start the fight and switched to melee after...

Edited by Reent

i didnt go back to the fight immediatly - i went to a different area first, thought it was easier to do with that level, after the first enemy down i decided to do other quests first - so no, i would have lost a few hours (if i even had a safe)... i used one shot with the ranged weapon to start the fight and switched to melee after...

cheater :D

Immobilize the Blights with Winter Wind -> Dance around Maerwalds Spells -> Debuff & Damage him with Sun Beam + Talons Reach -> Rush in with Enraged Catform -> Over!

I updated the Rules Section to make things a bit clearer. I will be out for a while - good luck everyone! :yes:

I don't understand how you guys do it....

I just now went to Maerwald on my solo Rogue lvl 4. Wearing Berathian priest robe and one handed stiletto for speed and accuracy. I was struggling I have to admit even with potions!

First try Maerwald went down easy, only to realize I had a Pierce weapon in both weapon sets so I couldn't touch the blight.

Second try my pathing was bad so the blight caught me with disengage just before Maerwald hobbled me.

Third try Maerwald went raging on the beetles when I pressed shadowing beyond... LOL, so I was victorious because of LUCK!

Anyway, challenges are fun but I'm definitely not ready for your naked run on POTD yet for sure, hell I haven't even finished the game yet even once!

Edit: my Rogue is a dwarf.. I probably should have used moon godlike. But I really dislike the look of them

Edited by Dorftek

I don't understand how you guys do it....

I just now went to Maerwald on my solo Rogue lvl 4. Wearing Berathian priest robe and one handed stiletto for speed and accuracy. I was struggling I have to admit even with potions!

First try Maerwald went down easy, only to realize I had a Pierce weapon in both weapon sets so I couldn't touch the blight.

Second try my pathing was bad so the blight caught me with disengage just before Maerwald hobbled me.

Third try Maerwald went raging on the beetles when I pressed shadowing beyond... LOL, so I was victorious because of LUCK!

Anyway, challenges are fun but I'm definitely not ready for your naked run on POTD yet for sure, hell I haven't even finished the game yet even once!

Edit: my Rogue is a dwarf.. I probably should have used moon godlike. But I really dislike the look of them

Well, there is no simple answer: Its a combination of knowing what challenges the game will throw at you and especially exploiting any weaknesses of the AI. To make it short: The AI in PoE really isnt that great or otherwise Noober would have failed horribly. Take a closer look at the detailed walkthrough and you will get it. Or even better: Try different things on your own. Sometimes you will be surprised what can be done. Even after playing the game for a long time now i still find new small tricks or learn from the others. :yes:

Not to forget: Patience, patience, patience!

And some heavy love for the challenge. And the pain! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Thelynn´ss is ravaging through Act 2 now. Did is said ravaging? Yes i did. Because something is terribly "wrong" with Spirishifting. The damage numbers are purely insane and in enraged Catform there is absolutely no recovery bar just hacking, hacking, hacking. I tried 1vs1 against  Darguls and - yes - they get obliterated. Thanks to splittpulling and CC the challenge so far is a walk in the park. Okay not totally as there are still some quests that are too hard (e.g. the lighthouse). If everything works fine Act 3 should be in reach soon! :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 1

thats what i would have thought for the druid - he is so strong in spiritshift now (i tried it when spiritshift had no real scaling and i think the talents bugged too... even then it felt easier then my chanter runs - until the fights i couldnt handle^^ chanter could do them...)

i cant do some quests - stopped for a while, going to heritage hill when i play again in 1-3h, thats the part i fear, if i can manage it... i should have no more problems with vanilla (i think thaos should work out with summons)

and wm1... could be possible, the stun/paralise... will see^^

Okay - now it gets crazy. Thelynn´ss cleared the Lighthouse at level 8. Never thought that would be possible.

Getting the +15 Accuracy Resting Bonus was a boon. The trick was:

Run to the niche -> cast a HoT for the first frost bolt -> let them cluster -> Crushing Wave -> Twin Stones (!)

If you see multiple Shadows casting Frost Bolt: Beetle Shell -> this will negate all the damage!

Proceed with the Crushing Wave -> Twin Stones Combo

Heal in between if needed but concentrate on damage as your healthbar will get critical at some point

When  Crushing Wave is no longer availabe its very important who is attacking you:

If its a lesser Shadow -> Keep on casting Talons Reach + Autums Decay into the backline

If its a higher Shadow or a Ghost -> Switch to enraged Catform and claw them down

At the end it will be a race of who goes down faster. Good luck!!

Side Note: The last Ghost killed me three times (!) with his death explosion....  AAAAAAH!!!

• Like 2

okay... i am in heritage hill now, i skipped the first encounter (too much range) and... i just regret the character... it takes so long to kill one enemy... if i need >60 mins for the group in front of the tower - i will leave heritage hill and try to get exp somewhere else...

Hhhmmm... ok. This means that we can conclude so far: Druid is much faster with regard to killing speed than the Chanter. Will this change later once you got Dragon Slash?

In the long run the potential of the Chanter could be higher. We will see. Good luck with Heritage Hill Reent. Or better: A lot patience! :yes:

Okay - now it gets crazy. Thelynn´ss cleared the Lighthouse at level 8. Never thought that would be possible.

Getting the +15 Accuracy Resting Bonus was a boon. The trick was:

Run to the niche -> cast a HoT for the first frost bolt -> let them cluster -> Crushing Wave -> Twin Stones (!)

If you see multiple Shadows casting Frost Bolt: Beetle Shell -> this will negate all the damage!

Proceed with the Crushing Wave -> Twin Stones Combo

Heal in between if needed but concentrate on damage as your healthbar will get critical at some point

When Crushing Wave is no longer availabe its very important who is attacking you:

If its a lesser Shadow -> Keep on casting Talons Reach + Autums Decay into the backline

If its a higher Shadow or a Ghost -> Switch to enraged Catform and claw them down

At the end it will be a race of who goes down faster. Good luck!!

Side Note: The last Ghost killed me three times (!) with his death explosion.... AAAAAAH!!!

That's nuts! Nice job!

No relentless storm? AoE permastun is the most OP spell in the game as far as ive seen

chanter can kill stuff while running in circles - it just takes much too long - gimme dragon chant and i clear heritage hill in mins instead of hours -.-

So jeah - i think the killing speed i have will change greatly, could even get higher than yours (however my low accuracy will hinder me a bit... but without it i would get into trouble with aggro, chanter has no tools for a straight up fight)

Edited by Reent

A short summary of the main quests in Act 2 that Thelynn´ss has done.

Sanatorium: Thanks to several Tanglefoot casted BEFORE you talk to Mordred and a Blight Decoy it only took a handful of tries to run through the enemy lines and escape.

Cliaban Rilag: This area is not that hard but it took some time to bring the enemies down. Nothing special just cautious kiting and Spiritshift Hacking.

Heritage Hill: Much easier than expected. Splittpulling the guards in front of the tower while destroying the ones inside with heavy CC and Spiritshift.

I must admit that after playing Noober this feels too easy. The greatest danger atm is being careless and overestimating the Druids power.

I will write all this down in more detail once i start the Pastebin-Walkthrough. If there are any questions: Feel free to ask! :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 1

i dont have to kill them on the way up - on the way down (2nd floor is too easy - run a few circles, get some summons out - until you get a low amount of enemies (revenants) at the stairs, kill them - go up - profit) i get the endless fight status - i can run back to the door out - they dont chase but the fight doesnt stop... so now i can simply summon wurms until they are dead - will take quite some time (wurms get one attack out each before they die - thats about 3 damage each time i summon them? WOW.)

and i wanna be a druid - but thats too easy, wanna know what i can do with chanter...^^  (not that the run with a druid is too easy, but changing midway)

Edited by Reent