Wildstrike adding lash damage to spells is a confirmed bug: to bug report

Sure it is.

But what should hapen if spell increases your damage? Wildstrike, which is a lash, should increase that bonus damage. And Avenging Storm is that kind of a spell.

Druid can also add Nature's Terror to the mix. Terrfies lowers accuracy which is very valuable for melee druid, lasts long enough and looks cool!

Vancian =/= per rest.

No, Avenging Storm is not really that kind of spell. I creates a second, seperate shock hit. It doesn't work like a lash on your melee attack. So if the WIldstrike bug gets fixed, the damage of Avenging Storm (while spiritshifted) will lose 33% of it's damage - but it'S still a great spell. As nemesis pointed out: it not only adds a shock attack to your attacks, but also works as retaliation with the same effect. Awesome spell for tanky druids. Can't wait to take this with Hiravias who I play as a "shock tank" atm.

You are right: Nature's Terror fits in very nicely! :) Will try that in combination with the three storms. Man - if only those Eyeless wheren't immune to shock... ;)

However - this sceptre does a lot for spiritshift druids and I'm thankful that someone showed my this. I really had no idea what sort of druid build I should aim for - concerning a 3.0-WMII-build-fest. ;) I really don't want to repeat myself with the class builds. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I didn't say Avenging Storm is a lash but you're right it's a separate attack so it will not benefit from lashes.

OTOH it's never mentioned in Wildstrike description that it affects melee attacks only  :unsure:

Yeah maybe - but that bug is in the database so the discussion is of no avail. ;)

I see a death usher, bloody sloughter shapeshifting druid on the horizon >:D

It sounds cool - but I really think this nice combination is wasted on this druid. Because you only need one hit to take away half of most enemies' endurane. Those bonuses wil never trigger because after the first hit they are at half endurance (maximum) and after the second hit they will be dead anyway - with or without Death's Usher and Bloody Slaughter. :)

Those come in really handy if you do less damage but in an AoE - like a barb or a chanter or even spellcasters. 

Might be good against dragons and other very fat enemies like Eyeless though.

Edited by Boeroer

Personally, I would never want to do a spiritshifting-focused Druid. Being able to only shift once per combat, for a short duration, I don't think it's worth it. Honestly, I very rarely spiritshift with Hiravias, at least until I just found out about the bug mentioned earlier. When he spiritshifts, it's in real "oh ****"-moments or when he's out of spells.

Spiritshifting can be powerful, and can do a lot of damage, but it's too short of a duration, a duration I'd rather spend casting spells, which would be worse while spiritshifted (unless the mentioned bug is not a bug) and waste the time spent spiritshifted, and I can only do it once per combat. One stun, one paralyze, and the spiritshift might be completely wasted.

But if the bug is not a bug, well... then at least I'm going to spiritshift to cast AND maybe go bananas in melee a bit, it won't feel as wasted, but I also realize that +30%, and then let's take another Wildstrike Talent.. and then another.. and another... and we're talking about an insane amount of hurt. So yeah.

Wildstrike adding lash damage to spells is a confirmed bug: to bug report

But even without that Avenging Storm is very nice and does enough damage on it's own.

Actually, I think there's good argument that it might be intended behaviour, but I took it up in that thread, instead of polluting this one.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Did you read the whole conversation? Because we pointed out that you can at least have two uses of spiritshift per encounter with that new soulbound sceptre. That's what makes this whole thing so aweseome. With high INT that's 40 secs of shifting instead of 20. Not bad I say. 

I can allmost imagine luring those nasty swarmers to my backline where this naked, low deflection druid stands and then all of a sudden *BOOM* and *SMACK* *SMACK* they explode - stupid swarmers.  :w00t:

Edited by Boeroer

Actually, I think there's good argument that it might be intended behaviour, but I took it up in that thread, instead of polluting this one.

It's way too powerful. In no way this is intended. It didn't work that way pre 3.01 - so why should that be intended? You can deal superhigh melee damage AND also more spell damage?

And as Aarik said: it's a bug. Why would he be wrong? He might not know everything but I think he would have corrected himself by now if it weren't so.

With Sura's Supper Plate? Then it doesn't work with retaliation items.

There should have been three thunders: 1 from being hit (that's the normal behaviour of Avenging Storm - it also retaliates) and one for each retaliation. If there's only one then it means the retaliation items didn't trigger it.

Edited by Boeroer