White March 2 (Kana Losses Weapon Slot 3 & Equipped Weapon)

DorianGray

Question

Game Version: PoE v3.00.967 PX1 PX2 -steam

Kana seems lose Weapon Slot 3 ( and any weapon equipped in that slot ).

I had "Tidefall" equipped in Weapon Slot 3 while clearing the dungeon under Caed Nua.  I had an "Arquebus" in Weapon Slot 1.

Anyways, I went through several levels of the dungeon (and load screens) using the Arquebus before I needed to equip "Tidefall" again.

At that time I discovered "Tidefall" was gone.  It was not in any of the 3 earlier autosaves either.

If I go back 3 hours of game time, I can find "Tidefall" on a previous character.  But I cannot load any saved games with Kana having "Tidefall" equipped.

In some cases, Kana does not have a Weapon Slot 3 at all.

10 answers to this question

Had the same problem with Eder. I choose the 3d weapon capability, equipped Eder with Tidefall on slot 3 but uses another weapon for some time.

When I had to use Tidefall, it was gone !

I thought it was a mistake and went through all store in the games to find it ... no use.

Had the same problem sometime after with the "adventure club" ring. Disappeared from Eder item inventory slot.

As i had no earlier save, impossible to find it again.

I can send you a save if you want.

Response to "Did you check your stash" - Yes, I checked my stash and every character's inventory.  "Tidefall" was gone.

Since patch 3.01, the issue still occurs, but it does not appear to delete the weapon now - which is an improvement. :)  See attached screenshot.

note - i previously equipped a junk item in Kana's weapon slot 3 to better identify when it happens again in the future.

I have also included the most recent "output log" that existed just after adding Kana to my party & saving the attached screenshot.

Hopefully there will be something of use to you guys to help track down this issue.

Also, this seems to occur more often when you have switched around multiple members of my party, like is common when you have to go through each member looking for an item you previously gave them.... but have forgotten which one it was.  :)

post-156462-0-45953600-1456352793_thumb.jpg

output_log.txt

Hey DorianGary,

Could you please upload that save file as well? It would be very helpful to see what the problem is. Also I did notice quite a few issues in your output log. I would suggest verifying you game cache through Steam and see if that clears up the issues. In your Steam library right click Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. 

This is the save game and the log file.

NB : for the ring, it was in the stack of a companion on stronghold. Just a mistake from my side.

Tidefall is still not to be found ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tmgdoymv4e1ltaq/AABkHi2bWatAE5N0bgi_FTv3a?dl=0

Hope those files will help you

Based on your log, I notice you are still on 3.00.0967. Please download the 3.00 > 3.01 patch on gog and see if that clears up any issues.

Thanks!

Hope those files will help you

Based on your log, I notice you are still on 3.00.0967. Please download the 3.00 > 3.01 patch on gog and see if that clears up any issues.

Thanks!

Upgraded today to 3.01

Some more bugs found

Tidefall is still not to be found anywhere.

Alas, I use little saves. So no save with Tidefall in inventory. If I had know there were this kind of bugs, I would have made more save, sorry.

But I was just asking myself, normally, an object must be present somewhere in the saves ? In a scene, in inventory ? Don't you have the tools to examine the saves ?

I've tried but I found the saves are a serialization of the content, and I don't know wich library I could use to deserialize the saves.

Dear Aarik D,

I do not know if I have a saved game file at the exact instance of the previous log submitted, but I should have one that is approximate.

Here is a link to my current saved game folder contents:

http://1drv.ms/1QLrXDA

I will do as you suggested regarding my Steam Game Cache.

I did do a complete new download & fresh install of PoE, TWM1 & TWM2 in Feb 2016 (right after TWM2 was released).

- DG

Just completed the "Validating Steam files" process and was prompted that "All files successfully validated."

This is where my PoE Game Cache is located on my system:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity

I completely deleted this folder before doing the most recent fresh install (Feb 2016).

Edited by DorianGray