Hi, 

My characters are all lvl 5 and well on their way to lvl 6. The highest lvl Adventurer I can hire is at lvl4. At the moment I am at the Goose and Fox which is the same as the Black Hound, only lvl 1 and 4. If I hire a lvl 4 will it catch up to my other characters or always be one level behind?

Many thanks

Hi,

My characters are all lvl 5 and well on their way to lvl 6. The highest lvl Adventurer I can hire is at lvl4. At the moment I am at the Goose and Fox which is the same as the Black Hound, only lvl 1 and 4. If I hire a lvl 4 will it catch up to my other characters or always be one level behind?

Many thanks

They will always stay behind you in terms of XP, but the sooner you hire them after levelling up, the lesser the difference will be. They will eventualy catch up, if you don't hire then multiple levels below you.

Yes.

If creating a custom party, I usually sell Gaun's Pledge to Heodan in the starting area, refuse to take Aloth onboard, and play up to the conversation with the nice dead dwarf lady. That'll bring me to 3000 + rounding error XP. I'll have about 2000 copper which is enough to hire four L2 companions. They will be exactly one level behind, and since the XP cost per level goes up with levels, the time between my and their leveling up will narrow later into the game.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com