Why can we loot the NPCs?

@fenixp

Not really. In many cases you are just looting them and moving the stuff onto your made character/characters or selling it to trade up for really powerful items like the blunting belt or magical stiletto.

I'm not. You might. But it's your predicament, I can't see why the game should limit this. You can also kill backer NPCs for quick cash, should that be removed too now that many builds depend on it? And, more importantly, I still don't understand what the big deal is

Credits rolled in my head once i hit act 2 and i quit and started looking for another game. Lol

I didn't sell NPC equipment and I rolled in credits after hitting act 2 anyway. If not having money is your thing in PRGs, well... I suppose Pillars is not the game for you Edited by Fenixp

How did the game break after you took another NPC's equipment? Was there an error message? The did credits start rolling? Details please lol

Credits rolled in my head once i hit act 2 and i quit and started looking for another game. Lol

I don't really agree with the extreme to which this equipment thing bothers you, but that credits rolling in da head thing made me LOL in RL. Well done, sir!

@fenixpNot really. In many cases you are just looting them and moving the stuff onto your made character/characters or selling it to trade up for o powerful items like the blunting belt or magical stiletto.

I'm not. You might. But it's your predicament, I can't see why the game should limit this. You can also kill backer NPCs for quick cash, should that be removed too now that many builds depend on it? And, more importantly, I still don't understand what the big deal is

I didn't sell NPC equipment and I rolled in credits after hitting act 2 anyway. If not having money is your thing in PRGs, well... I suppose Pillars is not the game for you

Yes. The killing of backer NPCs should be removed. Or provide an option to remove all of them. I'll google. That mod has probably already been made.

And yes the game gives out waaaaay too much money. I'm sorry I'd actually like to feel a sense of accomplishment when I save up enough money to buy a nice piece of gear. Not buy out entire stores and upgrade half the stronghold by level 6. That will be my next thread. Will exp and gold be addressed?

At first I thought it was awesome that I could for example take Eder's armor and put it on my main character. But in hindsight I think it is hurting the game a bit.

On the one hand, I like the concession to realism. Eder's armor is still armor, even if Durance/Lady Webb/The Riow is wearing it. 

I'd personally favor a little MORE simulationism, with Aumaua-sized weapons doing slightly more damage and being less accurate in smaller hands. 

And the fact that a suit of dwarf-sized armor fits my entire party is a little… iffy.

Little stuff like that makes it feel less worldly, and more gamey.  

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

Pillars has very few hard limits on item use. I can't think of anything beyond a few class-restricted items, unless you count the Devil of Caroc's chest armour which is actually a part of her body. Pillars just doesn't do "only usable by."

Well that sucks. Because it could use it.

I find "only usable by" sucks unless there's a really good reason for it. A soulbound weapon is a really good reason. "Firecam family armour" is just arbitrary.

In any case I don't see this as a particularly big problem. Yes you can exploit it to gain a small edge in the early game, but so what?

Edit: overall the economy could use some rebalancing yes

Edited by PrimeJunta
  • Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com