[CLASS BUILD] Schemer's Needler (roguelike Skaen priest)

Yes, a bit expensive so early on. You can also just take non-unique ones and enchant them it with a lash after Caed Nua courtyard (you will get resources for burning and corrosive lash from the blights there). Oidhreacht (the done from the spider) comes free.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

No, you can take them all. There are some listed that are automatic (e.g. from race) or story-talents that you can get during a playthrough (e.g. Flick of the Wrist) so it may seem like it's too many.

I didn't put them in order though.

• 1 month later...

Is there a suggested order for the build, or a side build to consider and come back to this one later? I'm asking to anyone who played this type since level 1. At what level does the efficiency kick in, in your opinion? 

Is this a do anything I can for the figurine and work around that with lots of rests type of thing? 

Actually, I can probably iust make 5 more if I'm having troubles on PotD, right? 

I found some of my curiousity answered in this splinter build for lower level play: 

Edited by Scottlameany
An idea occured to me

Since I needed Caed Nua level 1 done for another stiletto, I tried some new velveeta. Like looters and kobolds versus beetles and spiders caused some weird fights, especially in the new weird places I found them post Maerwald.  They would run from room to room hunting one another if you separated well enough to watch them.

I finally learned the run away, wait til they turn and pivot back, shooting them in the back dance with a blunderbuss. Takes forever but saves resources. Priest really pushed my creative thinking. 

I don't know if this qualifies as a spoiler, but I was able to get the giant spider to stay where he was after I shot him from the raised platform. A lot of figurines, tho, to keep the adds off me. I dunno if these bugs are xbox ones or for other gamers too. 

One thing that I often glazed over, imo, is how like 4 stealth and 1 extra move is soooo much better than 5 stealth. In the beginning quick runner, but 3 survival is almost as good. It makes certain sneaks in Temple of Eothas possible (after boots of stealth for now a 6 score, and at least one extra move). 

Now I'm wondering how he's gonna handle the crucible knights first quest. Or if I will need to respec to do the catacombs delve for the guy's lost love and get some undead immolation.

• 11 months later...
On 11/22/2015 at 5:38 PM, Boeroer said:
Background: Deadfire Archipelago - Mercenary

--------------------------------------------------------------

Stats:

MIG: 14

CON: 10

DEX: 16 (r or higher)

PER: 18 (! or higher)

INT: 15

RES: 8

...how do you get these stats?

missing 3 points.

...or does your MC gets 3 extra stat-points or Mercs 3 less?

which stats would you recommend to reduce?

And is this really a good choice for a Merc-build - as you mention several times how much this build depends on beeing MC?

Is Mercenary just for roleplaying-reasons? I understand that he should do the rogue-duties - so wouldn't a background with Mechanics fit better?

Edited by demon72

2 hours ago, demon72 said:

And is this really a good choice for a Merc-build - as you mention several times how much this build depends on beeing MC?

Is Mercenary just for roleplaying-reasons? I understand that he should do the rogue-duties - so wouldn't a background with Mechanics fit better?

...how about these issues?

Mercenary has pretty decent bonus. And priests do not make good mechanists as there is no +2 Mechanics background so you want class with at least +1 to mechanic(As you want to push mechanics very high). Chanter, Wizard or Cipher will make better lockpicker then priest

This build is ok as merc. It just it will miss some stats

Most builds are better as MC than as custom adventurer because you can get some story-talents etc. and in case of priest and paladin also better Holy Radiance/Faith and Conviction. In this case it's pretty fitting to make it MC because most of the story talents you can get and which give you a bonus need pretty evil decisions - and a Priest of Skean has no problem with making those decisions.

But all in all it's not a big deal. A priest will always be a great addition to a party no matter if MC or not. It's just a little bit of a plus what the MC gets compared to the hireling. Not game changing by any means. Also a lot of people don't like to play an evil MC - so using an evil hireling (who has nothing to say anyway) is a good alternative. 

Background doesn't really matter. Pick what suits you best.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2015 at 5:38 PM, Boeroer said:
Weapon set 1: Azureith's Stiletto ® (Durgan Refined*, Shocking Lash*, Superb*), Exceptional Stiletto (Durgan Refined*, Shocking Lash*, Kith-Slaying*)
Weapon set 2: Bleak Fang ® (Durgan Refined*, Superb*), Misery's End (Durgan Refined*, Superb*)

Good thing this post came up as I wanted to ask for quite some time. Why is this strange weapon setup? Wouldn't it be more logical to have it:

Weapon set 1: Bleak Fang + Azureith Stiletto

Weapon set 2: Oidhreacht + Mysery end

Azureith and Bleak Fang both per encounter spell on on crit so you start with them, unload huge strike on crit and switch to weapon with passive bonuses that will reliably work till the end of fight?

P.S. Girdle of Driving wave is good alternative for Coil. Sure, no stat bonus, but at the same time - full attack for dual wield character(!). Also insanely easy to get

Edited by Desmodeus