I really liked the water rune enchantment for the spear idea, and would love to see it expand further.

There are many altar in the game. 

For example, in crucible knight building, there's an altar.

If place an X item with some Y item and a certain condition such as Benevolence, cruel, honest..etc after X amount of day it get enchant.

Would it be more interesting if there are some lore that tell a story of certain offering to get certain enchantment on equipment? This will provide incentive for player to read more lore and get deeper immerse.

Edited by djphong
  • Like 1

I'd be a fan of more such environmental puzzles that you could just stumble upon. Look at Arcanum - there were altars with little poems which would buff you if you figured out what you were supposed to do, these weird NPC mages beyond the edge of one town who would give you a reward for correctly answering a bunch of riddles, there was loads of stuff like that around the game. To me it seems like something relatively simple to do but adding a lot to the exploration aspect of the game.

Generally, Pillars needs more puzzles. Never thought I'll say this about any game.

Honestly, I think when people wanted crafting in this game this was what they were thinking, not the current system.  Cespenar in Throne of Bhaal, where you bring set items and he chucks an upgrade at you style of crafting.  Grinding for ingredients doesn't really gel with this system, just my thoughts do with them as you will.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Cespenar and Cromwell don't really qualify as "crafting" for me, it's just delayed looting. Maybe that the enchanting system in Mask of the Betrayer should be the way to go : relatively few ingredients in order to create a variety of generic effects, with the odd very rare ingredient to create specific powerful effects.