flail's weapon bonus +one-handed style: talent stack or not?

does flail's weapon bonus 30% of  grazes coverted into hits stack with one-handed style talent:I mean whether I would have 30%+30%(60%) from both: passive talent and bonus item  or just one like in case of items where only 1 bonus is applied and it would be only 30% so another talent is just wasted?

game desc says that active and modals don't replacing one each other, but I'm not sure and not completely trusted in gaming desc, as we know sometimes rules are applied and sometimes not;p

I 'm putting this in the simplest possible way couse english it's not my native language,  sometimes I have problem with meaning of word "stack" in gaming terms and skills effects, on several occasions on diffrent games/forum stack means sth contrary, so if somebody could be so nice and explain my this precisely: stack mean accumulation/adding effects or replacing one each other : a+b= ab or a change into b effect

Edited by Gs11

It stacks. It also stacks with the graze>hit of confident aim.

Go to an Inn, hire a merc and spec him with single weapon style and confident aim and give him a flail. Have him attack another party member and read the combat log. When those abilities activate it lists them by name in the combat log.

You'd have -40% attack speed from using both.

For a bow using Ranger it still does better damage to use both Vicious Aim and Penetrating Shot. You can replace Vicious Aim with Twin Shot at higher level but you'll always want to have Penetrating Shot on unless the DR is less than five.

You'd have -40% attack speed from using both.

For a bow using Ranger it still does better damage to use both Vicious Aim and Penetrating Shot. You can replace Vicious Aim with Twin Shot at higher level but you'll always want to have Penetrating Shot on unless the DR is less than five.

i test penetrating+vicious with stopwatch and time between attacks is exactly the same, so I guess penalty from these two active/modals talents don't cumulate together and it's only 20% instead  of 40% which it's a great by the way ... even if I  could miscalculate some 0.0x sec with handy stopwatch it would be greater difference between 20% and 40 % I guess 

Edited by Gs11

Don't use a stop watch.

Make two merc, give them the same dex and same armor. Give them the same bow. Give them both Vicious Aim and Penetrating shot. Have both activate Vicious Aim and have one activate Penetrating Shot. Pause the game and have them both shoot at one of your other characters. They will shoot the first shot at the same time but after that the guy with Penetrating Shot will fall out of sync and be slower.

Then have one activate only Vicious and the other only activate Penetrating. These two will fire at the exact same time.

Edit - Also a -20% attack speed is not the same as a -20% action speed.

Edited by KDubya

IIRC, unless they've changed the way it's calculated since I last checked, it only stacks up to 35%, due to the way grazes are calculated.

The RNG conjures a number from 1-100, adds accuracy, and subtracts the relevant defense. If the result is between 16-50, you get a graze. 51-100 is a hit. Graze-to-hit actually just adjusts the ranges, so a flail hits from 21-100 and grazes from 16-20. Adding another 30 points won't do much, because from 15 down it's a miss, not a graze.

Unless I'm totally off base with this, which I might be. But I seem to recall it working that way.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

IIRC, unless they've changed the way it's calculated since I last checked, it only stacks up to 35%, due to the way grazes are calculated.

The RNG conjures a number from 1-100, adds accuracy, and subtracts the relevant defense. If the result is between 16-50, you get a graze. 51-100 is a hit. Graze-to-hit actually just adjusts the ranges, so a flail hits from 21-100 and grazes from 16-20. Adding another 30 points won't do much, because from 15 down it's a miss, not a graze.

Unless I'm totally off base with this, which I might be. But I seem to recall it working that way.

This is what the wiki says, dunno if it's correct or not as the wiki seems outdated in many areas.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Attack_Resolution

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Don't use a stop watch.

Make two merc, give them the same dex and same armor. Give them the same bow. Give them both Vicious Aim and Penetrating shot. Have both activate Vicious Aim and have one activate Penetrating Shot. Pause the game and have them both shoot at one of your other characters. They will shoot the first shot at the same time but after that the guy with Penetrating Shot will fall out of sync and be slower.

Then have one activate only Vicious and the other only activate Penetrating. These two will fire at the exact same time.

Edit - Also a -20% attack speed is not the same as a -20% action speed.

ok I did at Your way and in fact diffrence is visible...  still shoudn't they not stacking as game says about modals/actives skills same like as non-stacking  item's bonus ?

Edited by Gs11

I always took it to be a percentage of the 35% graze rate.

So a 30% graze to hit from single weapon style is 30% of the 35% or 10.5% of the total.

Single weapon + Confident Aim +  Zealous Focus + flail would get you 30+20+15+30 = 95% graze to hit conversion.

I just tested at an Inn with a low level Fighter with flail, single weapon style, paladin aura and Confident Aim trying to hit a monk with 50 pts higher deflection then his accuracy. Lots of misses, rest were mostly hits that listed whichever talent converted the graze into a hit. When I turned off the aura and gave him a dagger he had a lot more grazes.

Based on this I'd say my assumption is pretty close.