Weapons disappearing in Stash

sims796

Question

As the title says, there's something seriously wrong with the stash. Every time I kill a few enemies and pocket their weapons in my stash to sell, they all disappear as if I never picked them up at all, and of course, they aren't on the floor where I originally received them.

It seems that they survive if I put the gear into my character's inventory, and it seems to just be limited to regular and enchanted weapons of blue quality and lower. Yellow weapons seem to last in my stash.

EDIT: Nope, certain weapons don't even survive an individual character's inventory.

Edited by sims796

24 answers to this question

Hello, sims796.  Can you please upload a saved game and output log to Dropbox and then post a link here so I can take a closer look?  That will enable me to dig into your issue.  Thanks for your patience and support during this issue!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello again.  I'm definitely seeing this issue in your saved game but have been unable to reproduce it with any of mine or other community saves.  Have you in the past or currently used any sort of mods or console commands?  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

I have used a Spiritshift mod in the past, but patch 1.6 (1.06?) more or less replaced the files the mod replaced, rendering said mod inert. I also never had this issue before this recent patch.

If it's an issue on my end, should I do a clean install of the game? Would I have to delete my files as well? I'm not terribly far, I suppose, but I'd rather it not come to that.

Hello again.  Before you went into Purnisc's house were you experiencing this issue as well?  Do you have any saves that are not experiencing this issue?  Try one of those first.  If that is not possible, verify your game files or do a reinstall and try again.  Update this thread and we'll go from there.  Thanks!

I have this issue as well. I've noticed several items disappearing, both weapons and traps. Nothing else that I've noticed. I don't have any save files to share, since I've overwritten the relevant ones (I had no idea it had happened util much later, when I went to sell some loot).

Some of the items were moved into the stash via the "take all" button on the looting screen, while others (the traps for sure, I remember those) when I transferred them from the individual inventories to the stash.

I have never had any mods of any kind installed, nor have I ever used the console for anything. The game is pure vanilla, updated to 2.0 and with The White March installed.

I unfortunately don't have any saves before this, I erased them for a clean run through the expansion. I can say that this happened before, though I can't pin point when - I wrote it off as a lapse in memory at the time ("I must have sold those items", when they actually vanished)

I have found a workaround of sorts. If I save the game after retrieving the items but before transitioning to a new area, and immediately reload, I get to keep the items. Very cumbersome, however.

Hello again.  Thank you for the additional information.  I have entered a bug into our database and assigned it to the programming team to take a closer look.  If you have any new developments on this bug or any other information just update this thread and I'll adjust the bug in our database.  Thanks for your patience and support during this issue.

OK, I have some additional information on this. It appears that the bug happens on area transitions.

I was doing "The Man Who Waits" in the basement of the Sanatarium. After confronting Thaos and defeating the patients he released, I looted their bodies for some non-magical daggers, clubs and clothing. After adding those items to my stash I checked and they were all still there. I kept playing, left the Sanatarium and went to Hadret House, then saved in Brackenbury before leaving. I then checked my stash and saw that the daggers and clubs were gone, but the clothing was still there. This matches previous occurrences, where only weapons and traps have vanished while armour has been left behind.

I had not loaded any saves or done anything else aside from transitioning between areas. When I went back to a savegame from the basement, I saw that the items were still there. Clearly they vanished between the basement and Brackenbury outdoors.

I think I have the same problem, only noticed now.

I thought that something was not quite right but attributed it to lapses of memory or merchant misclicks.

Now I looted the souldbound 2H weapon, stashed as usual. Went to town for resupply and wanted to check it and give to Pallegina. Alas, the sword is nowhere to be found.

Savegame link below, it's the quicksave with the newest time stamp (rest are uploads for different issue).

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2zq1BH5JRHffnNUQ191TmZvLXZzRkFjYjFlbWhCV21maVQ3TUMtSHJlSWdFc3RFSlBiV2M&usp=sharing

Definitely on area transitions. The bug also seems to only affect weapons found in the area you're transitioning out of; all other weapons in your stash are fine.

I've come up with a tentative workaround. I haven't had a chance to test it very extensively, but I've had it work for me on three separate occasions:

1. Make a savegame just before leaving an area.

2. When you arrive in a new area, check your stash to see if any weapons have gone missing.

3. If anything is missing, reload the save you made in point 1.

4. Leave the area again. All your items should still be in the stash when you reach the new area.

ive had exactly the same problem in Purnisc's house, all items i looted in that area that went directly to my stash disappeared, i dont know when it happened and i oversaved previous saves

Absolutely all items, or just weapons and traps? I haven't seen this affect armours and other items so far.

Hello all.  While I don't have an answer yet as to whether or not weapons will be brought back after they disappear, I have been informed that our internal build has seen this issue fixed.  It should be available in a patch very soon.  Thanks for your patience and support in this issue.

• Like 1

Hello all.  While I don't have an answer yet as to whether or not weapons will be brought back after they disappear, I have been informed that our internal build has seen this issue fixed.  It should be available in a patch very soon.  Thanks for your patience and support in this issue.

Thank you for the update on this. I suppose you can't give us an ETA / estimate for the patch ?

is there any other information about this?  I haven't seen items randomly disappear but something has happened where a quick item slot on one companion (Aloth) does not allow anything to occupy it, and if you frustratingly continue to click, enough so that I think it registers a double-click, the item entirely disappears.  I've only lost some potions and scrolls i think but :/