Game bug? Summoned creatures don't go away.

Cimmerian999

Question

11 answers to this question

Post this as a bug in the tech support forum.

You should say where did it happen, what did you do exactly and can you reproduce it.

Try to add a save file.

Happened the second time I had to kill Raederic (as a Fampyr). Was a blight summoned by Druid that wouldn't go away. I played it through the same once and it didn't happen again.

This happened once before but I didn't make much of it (don't recall details).

Sorry no save file.

Thanks.

Hello.  As Madscientist has stated we would need a few files next time this happens to really do anything about it.  A screen shot, output log, and saved game.  Next time it happens grab these things and post an update!  Thanks for your support!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello.  As Madscientist has stated we would need a few files next time this happens to really do anything about it.  A screen shot, output log, and saved game.  Next time it happens grab these things and post an update!  Thanks for your support!

It wouldn't let me save as "still in combat." Combat never stopping was the issue.

Where would I get the output log, and the saved file if there was one? Sorry to be clueless. Thanks.

Hello again.  A save right before the fight, or the autosave when you got on the level would have worked also.  Not a big deal though.  As for the other files it is going to depend on what OS you are running.  The instructions can all be found in the link on my signature.  Thanks again!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello again.  A save right before the fight, or the autosave when you got on the level would have worked also.  Not a big deal though.  As for the other files it is going to depend on what OS you are running.  The instructions can all be found in the link on my signature.  Thanks again!

Will do thanks!

I am also experiencing something similar, fortunately for me combat ends and I don't really mind having an animat or phantom running around with the party. Once they're killed they go away.

Did you try targeting your own summoned creature and killing it?

I get a slightly different version of this. Occasionally when using an item that spawns a summon or summon a creature through my chanter, the summon will get paralysed or stunned in combat but then combat ends and the summon stays on the screen.

I can't remember the name of one in particular but the guy in copperlane market who sells the gem for $15,000 that summons the warrior / fighter, he got 'stuck' on a certain point of the map so each time I travelled he was basically in the same spot or x/y location but repeatedly played the death animation and looked like he was just constantly twitching (even during dialog! Thanks for nothing when I'm taking on Thaos, mate!). Didn't intefer with anything but after a few map transitions I thought, is this guy ever gunna leave? This all happened pre 2.0 (was on 1.06 with latest hotfix) but has also happened again outside Durgans Battery when I summoned a phantom.

EDIT: forgot to mention I can't interact with the summon or force attack it or anything, the selection circle just disappears entirely.

Edited by Elzarath

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."