problems with spell targeting

Madscientist

Question

SbqY6lk.jpg

Grieving Mother wants to attac a wyrm with mind lance. I select the uppermost enemy with the mouse, but the area indicator hits the wyrm below. The circle does not change when the red area hits the circle.

The red and yellow area was always in the correct position for all spells with a circle or cone AOE. But it happens often that the circle under a friendly or hostile creature does not show correctly if it is targeted or not.

expected behaviour: If an enemy is in the red or yellow area, If a friend is in the red area or if a friend is in the area of a friendly spell, the circle under the creature should always look like I painted it (red for enemies, green for you). Else it should look like in the screenshot.

4 answers to this question

Hey Madscientist, 

Can you please upload a save file and output log via dropbox and post the link here? I'll then be able to take a closer look at this issue.

Thanks!

Edit:

I did some investigating and I did not have any issues with spell targeting, particularity Mind Lance. In your screen shot, the range indicator will only appear if you have a target selected, but I don't see the spell cursor over the wurm you state is the primary target. Based on your screenshot, it seems that you have a different target selected that is off screen. Though I do see an issue where the middle wurm should be hit by the spell but the indicator does not show it.  I'll be able to verify this once I get a save file from you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9lutcc6wvkcyg6e/output_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h49v7a4gcl501um/0ee25d71d5054a4a9a9e289f647ae6a9%2010677366%20RuinenvonDyrfurt.savegame?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8vcrudlxxz5xo3/0ee25d71-d505-4a4a-9a9e-289f647ae6a9%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

This are the files. There are so many savegames, I hope those are the right ones. The main char should be "Anouk".

This bug should be in the save from the ruins. The bugs where spell effects remain after combat (marked prey and consecrated ground) may also be here.

At the beginning I only used autosave and quicksave in this playthrough. At some point the computer froze often after some time after loading or saving a quicksave. Then I saved and loaded only manually. Since then the computer never froze when playing the game. But today my computer froze when I looked at this page. Maybe its just my computer and it has nothing to do with POE.

New Bug:

When I load the file in the ruins, the cultists are hostile.

I entered the dungeon through the statue and killed only a few enemies between there and the main chamber.

I agreed to their plan and they became friendly.

Then I explored the rest of the dungeon without problems.

I saved because I had to stop playing and when I start again they are hostile.

Hello again,

I had no issues with spell targeting in regards of Mind Lance, but the save was not what you had shown in your screeshot.. I did see you were hostile with the cultists even though you should be friendly. However please post new bugs in a new thread and update pre-existing issues in the respected posts. It helps us a great deal when keeping things organized and tracking bugs from posts.

Please post a new thread regarding this issue (hostile cutlists) Do you happen to have a save file before you spoke with Wymund? If so, please attach that save file as well. 

Thank you for your support.