I moved a post from this thread to the one in CnC. I was tempted not to write anything here since this thread had moved to page two. On the other hand, this thread does get bumped, so:

There's a thread in CnC. That thread is where the general discussion about Avellone belongs. In order to keep this thread open, I hope we can discuss how Avellone's departure relates to PoE or, at the very least, the prospects of further Avellone projects and how those might relate to Obsidz further projects. I'll simply remove posts that do nothing other than speculate about Avellone's departure and his relationship with Obsidian. For general gossip and speculation, there's already one in Computer and Console forum:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80155-chris-avellone-leaves-obsidian/

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It oozes from everything he touches. I'm diametrically opposed to cryptic. It's nothing against him personally though. Edginess seems to ooze from everything he touches too. Just because it can be nihilistic and dark doesn't mean it needs to be.

I guess his personality and mine are too different, creatively speaking. Then again, dude's worth a ton of money through his creativeness whereas I'm a lifelong cripple on government funbucks so what do I know, right? :)

The strangest thing is that Avellone has proven that he can write "cryptic" right with Planescape Torment, which makes Ulysses' dialogue even more baffling.

Yeah, but I didn't think Durance was entirely cryptic. Yeah, he had a mystery just like a lot of the characters, but I found his delivery brutally straightforward most of the time. Whatever his past, his present was the opposite of 'mystical.'

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I hope we can discuss how Avellone's departure relates to PoE or, at the very least, the prospects of further Avellone projects and how those might relate to Obsidz further projects. I'll simply remove posts that do nothing other than speculate about Avellone's departure and his relationship with Obsidian. For general gossip and speculation, there's already one in Computer and Console forum:

I hope you can eventually learn how to create your own ****ing thread instead of ordering other peoples thread into the discussion that *you* want to see.

• Like 1

I hope we can discuss how Avellone's departure relates to PoE or, at the very least, the prospects of further Avellone projects and how those might relate to Obsidz further projects. I'll simply remove posts that do nothing other than speculate about Avellone's departure and his relationship with Obsidian. For general gossip and speculation, there's already one in Computer and Console forum:

I hope you can eventually learn how to create your own ****ing thread instead of ordering other peoples thread into the discussion that *you* want to see.

I don't think I was clear enough. When I said I hope, what I meant was, I will close the thread if it doesn't conform to these details. While I like being polite, it wasn't a request. It was a gentle reminder that this thread will not become a gossip column thread. If you have further issue with this, feel free to PM me. I'm going to leave your post because perhaps other people misunderstood my meaning as well.

EDIT: r and t

Second EDIT: On further thought, I'm just closing this thread on the grounds that there was a pre-existing thread already in place. That was my first instinct, but I left it open because I generally like to give the members the benefit of the doubt. If you want to discuss Avellone's departure, I suggest this thread:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80155-chris-avellone-leaves-obsidian/

Obsidian Plays