"No physics for Cloaks/Capes" bug returns! ... on Windows 10

LordFey

Question

Since my update to Windows 10 the physics for Capes and Cloaks won't work anymore, as described in this thread -> https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77568-cloak-bug-floating-with-no-physics/

I tried all possible fixes, but nothing worked for me. I guess it has something to do with the new DirectX and PhysX Engine for Windows 10. Or are there other solutions to this problem? I'd be really glad if someone can help me as this bug is really immersion breaking :(

Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT750M

Ram: 8GB

19 answers to this question

Hi,

I have the exact same problem.

Screenshot attached.

I am using Windows 10 64, Intel Xeon E3, GTX 970, 8 GB RAM.

I tried reinstalling the runtimes, the visual c++ stuff, gfx drivers and directx...didnt solve anything.

Help appreciated as this bug is very annoying and hampering the gameplay experience.

post-156552-0-69898200-1441178877_thumb.jpg

Hello!

Didn't notice this bug in 2.01, now i'm on 2.02 beta.

McDs.png

it seems to be ok, no?

Hey Lameover,

Make sure you perform Windows Update regularly and make sure all your drivers are up to date. 

The cape looks pretty good to me in that screenshot. Can you provide a video so I can get a better understanding what the problem is?

I'm using Ubuntu and I didn't even see a cape once...

Sorry Boeroer,

The plugin we use for the game for capes isn't supported on Linux/Ubuntu :(

Using latest steam version.

Issue is that all cloaks are just floating models not aligned to characters at all. Looks particularly ridiculous on smaller races. Screenshot included.

I'm guessing it's related to something my computer has/doesn't have that's making this happen, using a low-mid end computer with Windows 10. Tried fully reinstalling Pillars of Eternity to try to fix the problem, updating drivers, no luck. Googling it shows lots of other people with the problem but no real solutions.

post-157143-0-15728600-1443817349_thumb.jpg

I had this issue on Windows 7 64-bit, GOG. Obviously, it was caused by ShroudUnityPlugin.dll not loading.

Fixed by installing vcredist package. Not sure by which one exactly, but installing latest x86 and x64 versions of 2015, 2013, 2008, 2005 got the cloaks fixed.

Hi! I've been waiting forever for a patch to fix the no capes/cloaks thing on the Mac version. i simply can't play the game knowing that there should be cloaks but they don't show. it's an amazing game and i love it but i just can't continue playing knowing that there should be capes and i can't see them. is there a patch on it's way that will fix this or should i just give up hope? i might sound rude but i mean, it doesn't sound like a BIG problem to solve... i don't know much about making games or fixing bugs and such but it would be nice to get a response WHY it is so hard to get this thing fixed... in a way that a non-developer would understand. so i could go "oooohhh i seeee so that's why.." anyway, i love the game, it's amazing. but i loooooooooooove capes also. thanks!

Unfortunately the 3rd party plugin was causing serious issues in the game for Linux and Mac, so we had to disable it. We don't have accesses to the source code so we cannot fix the issue. You can find a response by Badler about the issue here. https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/82896-update-102-the-small-harvest-the-white-march-part-ii-and-update-203/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1744504