Game Crashes and other Bugs

Twinsen

Question

I have just finished the game and I found a number of really annoying bugs and I am also experiencing game crashes occasionally. Since I started the game with an earlier game version, I am not going to post the bugs just yet, the game crashes however occur when I launch the game therefore I believe that issue is not related to the savegames. I use the GOG Galaxy client. 

I have attached the output logs of the crashes below and my system information. I hope everything is there that is required. I will post the bugs too later on.

As I wrote above the crashes occur when I try to launch the game.

output_log.txt

output_log.txt

output_log.txt

output_log.txt

output_log.txt

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

7 answers to this question

Hi there,

Looks like your gpu is under our minimum specifications and is why you are experiencing occasional crashes. I would suggest turning down the graphics quality to the lowest possible setting and lowering your resolution. That should help a bit, but will not resolve it.

Just FYI, when you do post your bugs please make use of our search function before submitting anything as others could have reported them before.

Thanks for your support!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hi there,

Looks like your gpu is under our minimum specifications and is why you are experiencing occasional crashes. I would suggest turning down the graphics quality to the lowest possible setting and lowering your resolution. That should help a bit, but will not resolve it.

Just FYI, when you do post your bugs please make use of our search function before submitting anything as others could have reported them before.

Thanks for your support!

Hi,

Thank you for the fast reply. No, my video card is not the problem. That wouldn't cause crashes immediately after I launch the game with GOG Galaxy or from the Start Menu. If what you wrote would be the case then the game would probably crash during the gameplay. My video card is only slightly below the RECOMMENDED specifications and the game is fluid during gameplay, I experience no tearing. Furthermore the crashes started since the last update. May hardware is not the problem.

Maybe the game has problems handling many saved games at the same time.

Yes, I will use the search function regarding the bugs.  :yes:

Regards,

Edited by Twinsen

In fact I have just found my first bug after I started a new game. At the beginning of the prologue the cinematic transition is paused and it does not react to the space key. The game only snaps out of the non-responsive state if I press the windows key. Others are experiencing the problem as well.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/291650/discussions/0/618459931319192962/

(This issue is not caused by my hardware either since I did not experience it in earlier game versions.)

Edited by Twinsen

Yea your video card is below spec. I looked at your Dxdiag file and did notice your drivers are out of date since 2013. It's a long shot but try updating your video card drivers and sound drivers. I searched nvidia for you and linked the newest driver below for your 540m video card. Your onboard sound is made by Realtek. A simple google search will bring you to their website and nab the latest driver. Updating those two might squeeze enough performance to minimize your crashing. I'm no pro or anything, just figure i offer some simple solutions that may or may not work. Rule of thumb for me is to keep all drivers up to date until said hardware is no longer supported or relevant. But your best bet to run POE optimally and future games without crashing would be to upgrade to newer hardware. Also like Derek said above. Keep graphic slider low and display resolution to a minimum. Your mileage will vary. Hope this helps. Later

Nvidia Driver: v353.30 Dated: June 22nd, 2015

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/86506/en-us

Edited by Forlani101

Yea your video card is below spec. I looked at your Dxdiag file and did notice your drivers are out of date since 2013. It's a long shot but try updating your video card drivers and sound drivers. I searched nvidia for you and linked the newest driver below for your 540m video card. Your onboard sound is made by Realtek. A simple google search will bring you to their website and nab the latest driver. Updating those two might squeeze enough performance to minimize your crashing. I'm no pro or anything, just figure i offer some simple solutions that may or may not work. Rule of thumb for me is to keep all drivers up to date until said hardware is no longer supported or relevant. But your best bet to run POE optimally and future games without crashing would be to upgrade to newer hardware. Also like Derek said above. Keep graphic slider low and display resolution to a minimum. Your mileage will vary. Hope this helps. Later

Nvidia Driver: v353.30 Dated: June 22nd, 2015

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/86506/en-us

SERIOUSLY?!!! Are you still pushing this after I have just written that I finished the game without in-game issues? I was playing this game for months!!! ALL the crashes occurred during the past two weeks and NEVER during gameplay... I wouldn't even complain. I am just trying to help the developers with a feedback.

I have the latest official drivers offered by my manufacturer.

My hardware is better than the minimum system requirements. And for the 1000th time,  I HAVE NO PERFORMANCE ISSUES, just these silly crashes.

Minimum system requirements - Windows: Windows Vista / 7 / 8

Processor: Intel Core i3-2100T @ 2.50 GHz / AMD Phenom II X3 B73

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 or NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Hard Drive: 14GB free space

Mouse, Keyboard.

Recommended system requirements - Windows: Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.10 GHz / AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: Radeon HD 7700 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Hard Drive: 14GB free space

Please take my crash reports seriously. Or I will make Itumaak bite you...

Sounds like you got things figured out then. Asus does not offer latest drivers after a said product of theirs is out for awhile. Asus is notorious for this. The drivers i linked are the latest direct from Nvidia compared to Asus ancient offering from 2013.

Just offered some simple solutions that has helped me in the past. My game runs crash free (YES!!SERIOUSLY!!) and i have the exact laptop you have (Asus K43SV). Performance on it (FPS wise) is subpar though when compared to my tricked out tower pc though. Thats why i play it on my desktop as my K43SV laptop doesn't cut it when battles in game get intense and spells are flying all over the place or you're strolling around Copperlane market district.

Anyway I'm a regular old forum member trying to help another to best of my knowledge. In return i get to see your nasty, whining and impatient side for simply offering you my time. Thanks! Have a good! Moving on...

Edited by Forlani101

Sounds like you got things figured out then. Asus does not offer latest drivers after a said product of theirs is out for awhile. Asus is notorious for this. The drivers i linked are the latest direct from Nvidia compared to Asus ancient offering from 2013.

Just offered some simple solutions that has helped me in the past. My game runs crash free (YES!!SERIOUSLY!!) and i have the exact laptop you have (Asus K43SV). Performance on it (FPS wise) is subpar though when compared to my tricked out tower pc though. Thats why i play it on my desktop as my K43SV laptop doesn't cut it when battles in game get intense and spells are flying all over the place or you're strolling around Copperlane market district.

Anyway I'm a regular old forum member trying to help another to best of my knowledge. In return i get to see your nasty, whining and impatient side for simply offering you my time. Thanks! Have a good! Moving on...

OK, I see your point. You were trying to help. I am sorry. However, I really don't have ANY performance issues during gameplay on normal graphics quality. Not even in the cities or during combat. (I am not sure what's the problem with your laptop.) Therefore, it's not a graphics card issue and it is annoying when the devs discard my report like this. I was trying to help. 

I deleted all the old saves and since then my game did not crash again. I think the game cannot handle too many saves at the same time. (By the way this might be an issue the devs could correct... After all it's a really long game.)