Kana chants turn off enchanted objects is this suppose to happen?

Question

Just noticed that when Kana starts to chant the Blessed Was Wengridh, Quickest of His Tribe/At the Sight of their Comrades, their Hearts Grew Bold, the corresponding buffs on my armour/items turn grey is that usual? seems counter productive or is it grey for another reason?

5 answers to this question

This is by design. When several bonuses affect the same thing, only the higher bonus applies. There are very few exceptions to this.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Thank you for the insight.
Definitely something I dislike about the game, makes enchanted gear little more than fancy baubles. 
Coin already seems rather worthless and now the only viable options I have for my horde of cash is buying ingredients for potions or food stuffs ill forget to use, or collect trinkets that are useless when my companion rocks "master exploder".

Hello, all.  We had an issue with Chanter's phrases being counted as equipment, as AndreaColombo noted.  This is a bug, and is known, and is fixed in our current internal build.  It will be fixed in a future patch as well.  Thank you for your support and patience with this issue!

• Like 2

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Ah, so it is a bug. I couldn't quite make my way to song = item rather than ability, but you never know. (It could count as a consumable, so I suppose it's not that far of a leap to wearable?) Thank you for responding.

Edit: sorry I meant chant.

Edited by Aennilya