I've just completed my TCS Speedrun (2:18h, No Glitches), so I thought I would share the build I have used.
It's reliable, but not without risks. If you want to reproduce the run, I would suggest studying my video.
There is also quite a bit of additional information on my strategies in the video description:
Pillars of Eternity - TCS Speedrun (2:18h, No Glitches, Solo, Highest Difficulty, Triple Crown)
(I've just realized that I got the Relative Pacifism achievement for the run, so fewer than 175 NPCs and Creatures are killed!)
Push for max. Stealth and compensate Mechanics with the Gloves of Manipulation. The Stealth allows for early completion of Heritage Hill and Cliaban Rilag, opening up high XP Quests in Twin Elms. The final char level is 10, and while Deathblows at level 11 would make the final battle so much easier, its just taking too much time to reach. If you want to make sure the final battle goes right 99% of the time, you can ditch the "Speedrun" part of the build, and just do a few more side-quests before facing Thaos.
- Moon Godlike, Rogue, Old Vailia, Dissident
- Stat distribution: 18 3 18 3 17 18
- Crippling Strike, Reckless Assault, Blinding Strike, Finishing Blow, Dirty Fighting
- Two-Weapon-Style, Shadowing Beyond, Quick Item Slots, Weapon Focus: Soldier, Savage Attack
- The Merciless Hand (+0.3 Crit Multiplier)
- Dungeon Delver (+0.1 Crit Multiplier)
- Blooded Hunter (+1 Stealth)
- Stealth 10, Mechanics 4, Lore 2, Survival 4
- Godansthunyr (Stun on Crit, +Exceptional, +Vessel)
- We Toki (Prone on Crit, Exceptional, +Burning Lash, +Vessel)
- Aru-Brekr (Movement Speed Increase, +Exceptional, +Might 2, +Crush Proof)
- Shod in Faith (Endurance Healing Aura on getting critted)
- Rotfinger Gloves (AoE DoT's and Spells to enable Sneak Attacks)
- Blunting Belt (More Protection!)
- Amulet of Health (More Endurance!!)
- Ring of Searing Flames (Good damage buff in the early game, also useful for final battle)
- Ring of Unshackling (To negate debuffs in the final battle)
Feel free to ask questions or to leave suggestions for improvements.
Edited by AllanonTM, 26 June 2015 - 10:37 AM.