Problems in combat

Elminar

Question

Hi,
since today I have a big problem during combat. I hope anyone can help me with this issue:

If I want to use a standard attack, e.g. a bow attack of my ranger, he doesn't shoot at the enemy but instead walks to him and does nothing (so pulling with a bow is not possible). Any special attacks are done accordingly, but after the special attack, e.g. a spell from my mage, he stops attacking.
It seems so, that any normal attack doesn't work, instead the character just walks to the enemy. Also the symbol above the character is "walk" and not "attack". This is very frustrating, as I can't do any attack with my pets and generally using tactics in combat are not possible.

I already tried to reload the game, load different saved games, switched on / off the auto attack in the options, changed the weapons of my characters....nothing worked.

Maybe you can help me. Would be very glad, if there are any solutions for this problem.

greetings

3 answers to this question

Silly question but do you have a bow equipped in your weapon slot?

Wrt walking up and attacking, if the target is out of range of whatever weapon / spell you are using, the toon will walk into range before firing. Since your Ranger is walking all the way up to the enemy it sounds like you have a melee weapon equipped.

I do have a bow equipped and the ranger is walking next to the enemy, not just into range and still not attacking. And as described this happens to all characters and therefore e.g. my rangers pet doesn't attack at all. I generally can only attack the enemy with special attacks and not with a "normal" standard attack. If I do a "normal" attack, every character just goes close to the enemy and keeps on going around. Only the character, which gets hit by an enemy, strikes back.

Are you clicking on the enemy toons or on the circle at their feet?  If you click on the circle and it changes to a sort of X then it indicates attack that toon.  Clicking on the toon usually passes the click to the ground behind the toon and the character will walk to that spot; after clicking you can pause and check if the circle has changed to the X form.