How do you get Aloth's Side Quest?

Do you travel with him over time and suddenly after resting he comes to you...?

or Do I have to progress through the main story to get it?

Because at the moment I'm having way to much fun kicking the crap out of whatever pays me to kick the crap out of xD

The side quests in this game are amazing. (face glued to tv-monitor)

So as a general here say.....?

Because I got durance's, eder's, sagni, kana, and pretty much everyone else's right off the bat.. ssooo where's aloths? xD

If its advance the main story, tell me.

if its wait it out, also tell me.

Aloth  :wub:  

...It should be illegal to be that fine. 8) or adorkable ♥

I am unsure because I ran with him in my first party where I completed his quest. but in another run I just brought him out once for helping me with the lighthouse, and he immediately asked me help him find an expert on souls, and I added him somewhere in twin Elms and he had the conversation with he which he would normal have on the bridge.. So I think if you just put him in your party every now and again and see if he has anything to say, you should finish his quest like that. 

I just not exactly sure when Aloth's quest finishes...I never noted the "quest completed" notification. Is it in Sun and Shadow?

Edited by Omnicron

6ej155.jpg

You need to visit the Temple of Woedica with Aloth. The conversation triggers when you are about to enter the final chamber (where you get the three main quests for Act II). You finish his quest when you finish the deal with the animancer in Sanitarium, but conversations related to the issue continue to trigger way after the quest is done (those matter for the endgame). 

• Like 4

Nothing gold can stay.

By the way, is the quest still doable in Act III? You know, after the Sanitarium gets... ahem. Does the animancer wait for you outside or is she gone?

Edited by Gorbag

Nothing gold can stay.

By the way, is the quest still doable in Act III? You know, after the Sanitarium gets... ahem. Does the animancer wait for you outside or is she gone?

Nope, then you failed. I went back in Act III to check, so unless I missed him somehow.  The only Animancer who might still hand around is Nedyn waiting for you to ask him about the book he needs...somehow he feels safe :p 

6ej155.jpg

Nope, then you failed. I went back in Act III to check, so unless I missed him somehow.  The only Animancer who might still hand around is Nedyn waiting for you to ask him about the book he needs...somehow he feels safe :p

Yeah, I thought so. This sucks because you have no way of knowing what will happen at the end of Act II. And you can still finish pretty much every other side quest in Defiance Bay in Act III *but* anything involving the Sanitarium or Dunryd Row. 

Nothing gold can stay.