So I have 2 level 1 paladins with similar states except one has 17 Might and the other has 10. (Int is flip flopped in the 2 builds) and my 17 MIGHT Paladin heals for exactly .5 less then my 10 Might Paladin....why?  Shouldn't the 17 Might guy heal for more?  For the exactly number see below.

17 Might Paladin: Lay on hands heals for 64.5 End over 5.0 sec

10 Might Paladin: Lay on hands heals for 65 End over 6.5

What gives?  I am moon like so my heal on 17 Might Paladin does heal for more then the 10 might guy (2 exactly) so does lay on hands not get the Might bonus?

Have gun will travel.

Are you having them heal each other? I wonder if for healing the recipient's bonus is used? E.g. the 17 might paladin receives the 10 might's lay on hands, and then his 17 might kicks in because it's determining his healing?

Been a while since I played a paladin, so I don't remember if LOH is self-heal or heal others, so ignore me if I've got it wrong.

they are different characters on separate games just healing myself.  Cant seem to figure this out.  LoH is both heal self and others.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

I dont see the Problem...

per second means healing over time

so you have 12.9 h/sec with 17 Might and 10 h/sec with 10 Might

17 Might  is +21% and you have 29% more healing per second but this can be due to rounding I think...

appreciate it!  So as lay on hands goes it looks like you get more out of INT not might as It HoTs for a longer period.  Granted I still took 10 Int and 17 Might on my tank (I know I know) I just HATE having low fort saves.

So my paladin attributes are as follows (below).  He was working VERY well on my Perma death run I just had never been to the dungeons below the keep (1st time running through I know but I just love perma death) and I jumped down the Pit.  I actually MASSACRED the Drake that you meet with a level 4 party of Six.  Paladin tank current build below, Eder (tank), Pre made dps pike rogue, Aloth, Pre made Barbarian and Durance.  Saw that I could not handle the undead following that and tried to make my way up. Almost made it I had to camp twice got up to level 3 of the dungeon and ran into the packs up there.  You cant really pull them solo..  Very unforgiving for a level 4 group who has no camp supplies left and is low on hp.  It was a BLAST.  Any advice on my re doing this build on my next run? starting tonight and I love Paladin tanking so will be rolling one again.

Moon Godlike (Shieldberer of St Elcga)

M 17

C 10

Dex 4

Per 18

Int 10

Res 19

Have gun will travel.

Your build is fairly solid, although there are some tradeoffs to be made.

The ultimate Tank build would be smth like that (credit goes to Kaylon for optimizing the stats):

Sir Alistair Brickwall

Paladin, Wild Orlan, The White that Wends

M 17 C 15 D 5 R 21 I 3 R 17

Talents: W&S, Cautious attack, Superior deflection, Bear's fortitude, Snake's reflexes

Abilities: LoH, Zealous Endurance/Focus, Sworn enemy, (any), Righteous soul, (any)

There's no "maxing" saves in PoE as increasing one leads to lowering another, and you just chose your poison, but you get a ton of reflex from shield and reduce many of the most annoying will attacks impact via Righteous soul, so for paladin fortitude > reflex  > will. Wild orlan is good for some of the tougher enemies like drakes/dragons and vithracks that attack will often, then again moon is better for the majority of early/mid game encounters where you still get hit often. Minimizing Int reduces your support options, but they are not that great to begin with. So your build is also solid and probably better for earlygame (which is the more difficult part for a full party).

Order doesn't matter since you don't really need any specific order abilities for tanking (support paladin would go Darcozzi).

Edited by MadDemiurg
  • Like 1