Kakaloth's minor blights bugs

Idleray

Question

I accidentally posted it in the patch beta forums: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79494-kakaloths-minor-blights-chill-fog-wizard-unable-to-attack-or-cast-spells/

Basically, there are 2 issues:

1. Kakaloths minor blights may or may not be working as intended with Blast. It appears to causes Blast to proc on each of its AOE hits, effectively letting the Wizard do massive AOE damage against large packs. I've read about Barbarians and Jolting Touch scrolls/procs which probably work the same way.

2. Definite bug caused by Kakaloths minor blights when used after Chill Fog that causes your Wizard to be unable to attack/cast at all. Animations appear but nothing happens, and only save/reload fixes this.

Happened to be after hitting a bunch of enemies with Chill Fog then casting Minor Blights and then attacking clumped enemies. After awhile the Wizard glitched out and couldn't do anything. The Blast issue from 1. could have somehing to do with this.

Edited by Idleray

9 answers to this question

I constantly get the problem without even using Chill fog. I cast Hardened Veil, run into a group of enemies, cast Minor Blight, auto-attack with my implement, and then, after the first or second hit, the animation just plays without doing any damage or even adding anything to the combat log.

Edited by Bubbles

I thought that those blights were unable to target close range enemies since my wizard never shoots them at enemies punching him but shoots them at far enemies just fine, hopefully it's a soon fixed bug and not a "feature".

2. Definite bug caused by Kakaloths minor blights when used after Chill Fog that causes your Wizard to be unable to attack/cast at all. Animations appear but nothing happens, and only save/reload fixes this.

Still seeing this bug in 1.06.0617

One arguable "bug" with the spell is that they count as Wands and an Implement (which makes sense, since Wands are Implements), which is an undocumented quirk not clarified or alluded to anywhere, with some serious ramifications.

Perferably, Minor Blights should count as Implements but not as specifically wands, or, even better, count as either of the three possible implements, Rod, Wand or Scepter. Since only Weapon Focus: Adventurer has Wands and there is no Weapon Focus focusing on Implements, this quirk/issue/bug means that the Weapon Focus: Adventurer is the best available Weapon Focus for Blast Wizards by default, and by extension Wands the best Implement by default.

t50aJUd.jpg

Hello wbc889,

Could you please upload a save file and a output log via dropbox and post the link here?

Thanks a bunch! 

Try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kb5y8vb16tus0p2/AADMGAv0enXJOKU9aaOA79W2a?dl=0

I apologize in advance that I couldn't get an easier setup. You need to maneuver Eder and the PC at the beginning to start combat and block the door way to the animats (to the northeast).

After combat is initiated and you have established good positioning, select Aloth and cast the following two spells in any order:

• Chill Fog (on to the animats)
  • Kakaloth's Minor Blights

Then use Aloth, with minor blights in his hands, to auto-attack the animats, which should be blocked off in the door way and standing in the chill fog.

After Aloth auto-attacks several times, his animation seems to stutter at the last millisecond and his attacks and spell casting abilities can no longer be activated.