Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #95: Patch 1.05 - New Features

1.05 patch features bugs fixes

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Falkon Swiftblade

Falkon Swiftblade

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

In the Documentary there is discussion about swapping out the main modeling tool and the staff not being proficient with it. Also I remember you guys sharing about working in unity and not having a good understanding of it as you were plugging along. You also mention having to cut features, and in this update you are adding new features. Are any of these things that were originally cut, or what were some thing's that got canned that might appear in the expansion or sequel? You also refer to more new features coming up in 1.06. What would those be?

Do you think your team has gained proficiency with unity and maya at this point you are much more efficient? Just in case you didn't know, your offices are on the same road less than 2 miles away from a company that specializes in training people and certifying in all the major industry tools like maya, 3ds max, adobe, apple, etc. I used to work for their sister office. The classes are less than a week long and the instructors are very good. That may have saved ya about 3 months of work otherwise. It might be worth sending a few of your guys through next time. Thanks for the update there are a lot of changes!

Greg70

Greg70

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Hi All

I have a question about companions to level 1

You said like this:

There's a new option in the Difficulty settings to reset newly recruited companions to level 1 (without losing the experience) when they get added to the party for the first time. This will allow you to level up companions to your liking.

But I can't reset stats I mean (Might,Constitution,Dexterity,Perception,Intellect or Resolve) ??? They still have this same when I recruited them.

So whats going on ???

Let me know

Thank you

Greg

Falkon Swiftblade

Falkon Swiftblade

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hi All

I have a question about companions to level 1

You said like this:

There's a new option in the Difficulty settings to reset newly recruited companions to level 1 (without losing the experience) when they get added to the party for the first time. This will allow you to level up companions to your liking.

But I can't reset stats I mean (Might,Constitution,Dexterity,Perception,Intellect or Resolve) ??? They still have this same when I recruited them.

So whats going on ???

Let me know

Thank you

Greg

I'm pretty sure it's only for choosing talents and skills because the game was tested with their specific attributes so there's a base to know you can beat the game like this build, but your party make up might mess up a scripted event if your points were not high enough.  In addition, I think they want your character to outshine the rest & if everyone was min maxed then those wouldn't be the companions they designed, and their quirks might not fit anymore.

Edited by Falkon Swiftblade, 09 May 2015 - 08:35 PM.

CoM_Solaufein

CoM_Solaufein

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5116 posts
  • Steam:apocalypse_2000

Good news. :)

Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Cynic of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I guess its just a minor thing but after seeing the changes in 1.05, I wish that one made it to the disc version instead of 1.04. 

Anyways, great work.

Exactly. It doesn't make a lick of sense.  They delay the shipping of the CD version UNTIL AFTER 1.05 is released, but the base game is 1.04!?

There is a lead time when producing physical discs (point in time where the plant they use is available + time required to press the discs). They probably sent their game master with the 1.04 image over between the completion of 1.04 and 1.05, in order to have the discs pressed, so that they would be able to send them out around now.

Baladas

Baladas

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 295 posts

Updated common and recurring bugs thread:

https://forums.obsid...list-patch-105/

paydirt

paydirt

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

You want our thoughts so here goes... It's really wierd that you continue to nerf and buff characters post release for a non MMORPG.  It's annoying that they nerf stuff.  AND they might not be done, this was done on May 8th. These changes affect saved games, and will change/buff/nerf.  It's too much!  Quit it already! See below:

Balance

• Reblanced XP rewards of some quests, particularly the bounty quests, to prevent parties from hitting max level before Twin Elms.
  • NERF Ciphers now start with 1/4 max Focus instead of 1/2.
  • Wizard and Cipher's base endurance has been raised from 30 to 36, and per level from 10 to 12.
  • Wizard and Priests health multipliers were raised from 3 to 4.
  • NERF Interdiction range has been reduced from 20 to 10.
  • NERF Tuned down damage on the Retaliation mod.
  • Citzal's Spirit Lance will now do 50% more damage, is faster, and has an increased AoE.
  • Sanguine Plate's Retaliate mod has been replaced with Spell Holding: Frenzy.
  • Wind Blight's Returning Storm is now set to 1/encounter.
  • Earth Blight's Teleport ability is now set to 2/encounter.
  • Sturdy bonus is improved from +20 to +30 vs Prone.
  • Hand and Key's Preservation has been replaced with Loyal.
  • Aru Breaker's Preservation has been replaced with a +1 Speed.
  • Angio's Gambeson's Reflex bonus is replaced with 1/day Deleterious Alacrity of Motion.
  • Rebel's Call Preservation has been replaced with Wary.
  • Lightning Strikes damage is increased by 25%.
  • NERF Fan of Flames damage is reduced by 25%.
  • Minor Arcane Reflection base duration is changed to 60 seconds.
  • Llengrath's Displaced Image gives 50% hit to graze conversion on Deflection and Reflex.
  • Wizard's Double now grants +40 Deflection against a single attack.
  • Mirrored Images now grants a base +30 Deflection. It decreases by 5 after each hit.
  • Ilengrath's Safeguard's bonuses are now unified.
  • Crucible of the Soul, Speaker to the Restless, and Steps to the Wheel ranges have been increased.
  • Arcane Veil now grants +50 Deflection, with Hardened Veil adding +25, for a total of +75 Deflection.
  • Scroll of Paralysis is now slightly weaker and has a higher skill requirement.
  • All Spell Holdings are 2/encounter.
  • Soul Shock radius reduced from 2.5 to 1.25.
  • Blizzard damage reduced significantly and attack speed increased to from 0.2 to 0.8.
  • Overwhelming Wave now uses a range of 30-40 and stun duration lowered from 10s to 8s.
  • Noxious Burst trap damage now is in line with other player trap damage.
  • Reduced the accuracy on higher level player traps.
  • Unbroken is now a per encounter ability.
  • Malignant Cloud damage increased.
  • Ghost Blades set to foe only.
  • Death Ring damage slightly raised, made foe only.
  • Ninagauth's Freezing Pillar switched over to foe only.
  • Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon set to foe only.
  • Stag's Horn damaged lowered. Reflex and Deflection penalties cut in half, and reduced duration from 15 to 10.
  • Bracers of Spiritual Power and Archer's Gloves reduced damage from +20% to +10%.
  • Scroll of Revival AoE reduced, range slightly reduced, and restored endurance halved.
  • Marked Prey and Sworn Enemy have been set to 0 recovery actions, so they can be used and the Ranger/Paladin can immediately act again.
  • Winter Wind has had its damage, range, and push decreased. Base interrupt has been increased.
  • Vile Thorns has had its damage increased and range decreased.
  • Petrified has had its damage bonus reduced from x4 to x2.

• Frederick likes this

paydirt

paydirt

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

So, in order to play the game without the makers nerfing my characters, I need to wait several months until they stop nerfing and buffing MY GAME.  It's my game now Obsidian, PUT THE NERFING AND BUFFING TO REST!

giant_frying_pan@yahoo.com

giant_frying_pan@yahoo.com

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

So, in order to play the game without the makers nerfing my characters, I need to wait several months until they stop nerfing and buffing MY GAME.  It's my game now Obsidian, PUT THE NERFING AND BUFFING TO REST!

At least you can play it.

I won't even get the chance to play 1.0.0 even if I want to. I guess it's 1.0.4 that'll be on my disc when it turns up? Dodging spoilers has been so much fun thus far and I've been at least 70% successful at it!!!!!

DrewHoo

DrewHoo

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Why are new features being rolled out with these updates? This game is barely playable. I'm playing v1.05 on a MBP (no discrete GPU). I get at least 5 crashes/freezes per 2 hour session. I understand it may not be an efficient use of time to have everyone chasing down bugs, but IMHO 'features' can wait until you have something that resembles a stable game.

Falkon Swiftblade

Falkon Swiftblade

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Why are new features being rolled out with these updates? This game is barely playable. I'm playing v1.05 on a MBP (no discrete GPU). I get at least 5 crashes/freezes per 2 hour session. I understand it may not be an efficient use of time to have everyone chasing down bugs, but IMHO 'features' can wait until you have something that resembles a stable game.

Have you been having crashes since it came out? I'm also playing on a MB pro but from 2009 and mine hasn't crashed at all. It's slower than the turtle olympics at start up and exiting the game, but just a little slow otherwise. Which OS are you using? It's not uncommon for the newer OS systems to not play well with software that was not specifically written for it.

• DrewHoo likes this

DrewHoo

DrewHoo

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Have you been having crashes since it came out? I'm also playing on a MB pro but from 2009 and mine hasn't crashed at all. It's slower than the turtle olympics at start up and exiting the game, but just a little slow otherwise. Which OS are you using? It's not uncommon for the newer OS systems to not play well with software that was not specifically written for it.

I downloaded it from GOG a few days ago (after the most recent patch). I'm on Yosemite (10.10.3). I am getting consistent crashes on loads, saves, transitions, and sometimes for no apparent reason. I've searched around for fixes on my end and have found none for the problems I'm experiencing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1.05, patch, features, bugs, fixes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users