Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1.05 Wizard Build Retroactivity

wizard melee build 1.05

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

VahnXIII

VahnXIII

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 174 posts

Greetings everyone,

As we all know, patch 1.05 is right around the corner and most of us are aware that means the melee wizard build will be in bloom. Thanks to the input from many theorycrafters across many threads, I have a decent build in mind that I would like to start today, or at least have my character created.

Does anyone know if the class changes will be retroactive? If I build my wizard now and get the ball rolling, will the changes impact my character once 1.05 goes live?

Otherwise I'll wait on building this character until the patch is officially launched (hopefully later this week).

Thank you in advance!

Raven Darkholme

Raven Darkholme

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2017 posts
  • Steam:Victor_Creed_SFV
Your save will be changed to 1.05 automatically.

PugPug

PugPug

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I don't know enough about the game or the wizard to know exactly what patch notes pertain to the class, but generally how these things work is the changes will apply to existing saved games. Health and other stats will be recalculated, spells will work differently, etc. That's the smart way to code a game.

With this game in particular they seem to be big on doing things retroactively, as you put it. Bug fixes fix the bugs in broken saved games. I expect it will be the same way with balance changes. My advice is to go ahead.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 10491 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

You'll be fine - though if you want a 1.05 wizard you might as well just get the beta patch now.

VahnXIII

VahnXIII

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 174 posts

You'll be fine - though if you want a 1.05 wizard you might as well just get the beta patch now.

I did some digging and found how to participate in the beta on Steam. It seems like a very easy process. I'll do this tonight!

Cheers,

Vahn

Edited by VahnXIII, 04 May 2015 - 11:39 AM.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 10491 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Follow instructions here, let us know if it doesn't work out.

http://forums.obsidi...betas-on-steam/

They've made beta patches available to anyone who'd like it for POE.

• VahnXIII likes this

VahnXIII

VahnXIII

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 174 posts

That's what I found. However, I do not have a beta password. Do I actually type BETAPASSWORD into the field? I'm at work so I don't have access right now but I'm going to dive in as soon I get home.

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3047 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Yep, you can either type it or copy/paste.

VahnXIII

VahnXIII

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 174 posts

Got it. I assumed you had to receive a specific password to join. Thank you for the help everyone! I look forward to starting my wizard tonight.

Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 899 posts

No need to wait for 1.05. Spellswords are strong in 1.04 already. I have a ton of fun with my level 7 spellsword so far. The extra boost to defenses, health and endurance is nice, but in no way necessary.

Edited by Zwiebelchen, 06 May 2015 - 01:03 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wizard, melee, build, 1.05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users