{Bug}{1.04}{GoG} Stuck in Kombat ~ Sacrificial Bloodline; Simoc, Twin Elms

Witkh13

Question

ISSUE:

So I was having trouble raising my Resolve or Intelligence above 20/19 to avoid fighting.  So I just said frak it and killed him and his tent full of followers.  The fight was easy and so I did it multiple times after restarting the game... testing the issue.

ISSUE:

After killing Simoc and his group of followers I am perpetually stuck in combat mode.  I waited some five minutes and still in it without any enemies.  There was zero reputation movement for any of the kills too.  I mention this because the Blood Pool cave was adjusting my rep for the tree hugger factions for each kill.  Anyhow, none of the classes had the ability to break combat unfortunately.  And the extranet appears devoid of any mention of a {script} to shut combat off...  I mean with zero enemies it shouldn't cause a problem right?

Anyhow I have attached the relevant files.

The save file is right after I found a resolve cloak that pushed my toon above 20 Resolve.  Thus the actual save file is right after peacefully convincing Simoc that drinking poison was his idea all along.

Again this appeared after fighting Simoc, in his chieftain tint @ Twin Elks for the end of the Sacrificial Bloodline quest.  I tried fighting right after getting the quest when the friendly tree hugger in my party mentioned he wanted to give Simoc a Boot to the Head.  Though my monk is the only one that can apparently actually place a boot on the head while their standing.

Even zipped;  The three files your Read-Me-Before-Posting-Bug-Post said you wanted totals ~5400 KB.  Thus the thingy at the bottom failed to want to accept it cause it was bigger than 507 kb.  Therefore I uploaded it to my google drive and turned the zip file public.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v-_G3YmYsZbEo3NFFabnozRXM/view?usp=sharing

If it helps, I encountered this issue of stuck in combat elsewhere in the game but I forget exactly where... I will update this post when I remember details.  I am posting this cause the other stuck in combat posts suggested such and such toon was stuck doing some spell or some-such-thing.  My peeps can run all around the tint doing whatever they want while stuck in combat in this scenario.

I didn't try just killing Simoc after the quest was completed... suppose I could do that... 

2 answers to this question

I had this issue in the temple of Rymrgrand, as well as after killing the dwarf in the Sacrificial Bloodlines quest. I couldn't repro after reloading, however, so I didn't report it.

Thanks for raising this, Witkh13 :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I've had this happen in exactly three locations, all within the last two days. I think it might be related to there being other enemies nearby, so the game doesn't consider combat to be officially over until you've killed them too.

The first was with the dead giant stelgaer in Northweald during the quest Hunter, Brother. After fighting the stelgaer near the body, I was unable to exit combat mode until I had also killed the pack of stelgaer that were preventing the mercenaries from running away to the north.

The second time was also in Northweald, this time in the cave in the northern part of the map. After fighting the first group of Lurkers etc. I remained in combat mode until I had travelled further north and dispatched the second group in the cave.

And the third time, just earlier today, was when fighting the chieftan during the Sacrificial Bloodlines quest. After killing him and the other tribespeople I didn't exit combat mode. It turned out that there was a single tribeswoman in another room (off to the left) that I hadn't killed yet and who was hostile. As soon as I'd dispatched her, combat ended.