A neat suggestion to the devs?

This has never been brought up before, but I think it's a great idea. It would introduce the PC, and would be an engaging chance to allow the PC to "determine" what his character is by more than just feats and skills. In movies and books and plays, characters are introduced along with the setting and the beginnings of the plot at the beginning, so this really wouldn't be too gimmicky - but I've never seen it done in a game before. Perhaps there could be dialogue options like, "my past is my own" so that power gamers can just go on with their business and not bother with it.

Even if you're already doing this, this is an interesting concept to throw around, so I wanted to.

What do you guys think of this idea? Would it be engaging and interesting, or a waste of time?

I guess he's just suggesting Bio's like the BG series had but more like the Arcanum backgrounds you could choose for your character which gave you some slight bonuses and penalties. Like traits in Fallout 1 and 2 but with stories behind them. The backgrounds didn't really add anything to Arcanum and I don't think they would in Kotor 2 either.

ok..

I guess he's just suggesting Bio's like the BG series had but more like the Arcanum backgrounds you could choose for your character which gave you some slight bonuses and penalties. Like traits in Fallout 1 and 2 but with stories behind them. The backgrounds didn't really add anything to Arcanum and I don't think they would in Kotor 2 either.

I think Vampire:TM - Bloodlines is doing this, I don't think it's necessary for KotORII but if it was there I'd make use of it.

It was a neat idea, anyway, and I think it would add to immersion. It would be entirely cosmetic, mind you - or at least that's what I was thinking. I liked the mini bio in the first BG, so I guess that's more or less what I mean. And why not? it would make you feel like you were playing a real character, right?

Not necessary, perhaps. But doesn't it add something? just pondering.