Companions Quest

Hi,

I finished Edar and Aloth questes. Im pretty sure I didnt recive any experience points after.

Did I miss something, or this is how it works. No experience. ??

If is it truth, that there are no experencie after quest, whats the point taking companions ? Edgar and Aloth stories are quite boring, and endings are even more.

Its not about stories, some ppl will like it some will not. But Im quite dissapionted.

I tell ya, these side quests for the companions, not exactly a winding tale of character development are they?

Eder

Town 1 - I need to find my brother, answer these questions in my head

Town2 - Oh, a piece of metal, ommmm....'nope, I got nothin'

/endquest

Aloth

Town1 - Hey whats going on? Need a mage an stuff?

Town2- You're bat**** crazy

/edquest

Sagani's at least takes you on a few trips through the countryside.

Sagani: Hey Im looking for my tribe's most respected leader

You: How long have you been searching

Sagani: Just a little over 5 years now

You: dafaq?!

*2 Maps over*

You: There he is.

I dunno. The quests themselves can be short but if you keep Eder/Aloth in your party to the very end, they seem more and more like "people." A lot of lines tossed in during big moments, a few more "I want to talk to you" interactions, and so on.

Can't speak to the other 4, but Eder/Aloth/Durance/Kana all felt like my buddies by the end. So to speak. I still can't stand Durance personality wise, haha. But that's why I can't make myself switch companions in and out in games, just to get them all in one playthru - I become too attached/have to see them through. They're not as fleshed out in PoE as other games I've played, but I still liked the end results.

And yes, OP, you're supposed to get XP if their quests are actually completed. Sometimes you may have a final short task before it's actually completed, like someone above mentioned.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thats the thing, they were so short I was like 'nahhhh, that cant be it' and Eder and Aloth will make mention of their thoughts about it later on in the game,  so I always thought there was more to it, a second part.

Eder's only seems longer than it really is cause you need to get the rep to speak to the historian first.  But even if that's the end of the quests, Im not swapping Eder out for anyone else cause he's undroppable as a tank and I need the CC of the wizard, not to mention the fact of the last 3 only Pallagena has any real appeal - and the game isnt really long enough to get to know the last 3...well, I mean, if companion quests last as long as getting to the next town maybe you can but still...

Yeah, I get the feeling the later convos with them are largely about determining what "ending" they end up with. Still...I liked having them. Even without their quests, their banter and lines during big moments are round out the game, for me, (like all the endgame boss fight talking and god-favor convos), vs. the big empty space of nothing you get with all hired adventurers.

And yes, Eder makes a very nice tank. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts