Thanks for all the usefull information. I like the fact that different players had different input and a variety of ideas. I ended up with the following stats.

Might: 20
Con: 8
Dex: 18
Per: 10
Int: 3
Res: 19

Reasons behind it: I sacrificed Int (therefore the knockback duration) to max some others stats. I chose to max Res over Per cause since my focus is to be a tanky dps i dont want to get interupted at all. Especialy with the slow swinging 2h sword. Interuptin enemies on the other hand is good but its not dps related. Furthermore the deflection from those stats is the same weather u have them 14/15 or 10/19 and we need the will save more than the reflex cause we dumped int. Maxing might and dex are pretty much self-explanatory. I left con at 8 based on your input guys, that its not that big a deal. I hope this topic helps more watchers out there whether building a fighter or anything else.

Edited by Maverick87

OK, hoping to get your thoughts on a 2-h Rogue build.

I want to focus on critical hits and damage on single target. My idea is to use a pike (extra range) as main weapon with the intent on getting Tall Grass as soon as possible, granting more crits and prone on crit.

Talents of the Rogue are interesting in that they can help you set up more sneak attacks. Sneak attack is great, as it procs on hit in the first 2 secs of a battle and on any target that is Blinded, Flanked, Hobbled, Paralyzed, Petrified, Prone, Stuck, Stunned or Weakened. So, if I set up my character and party in such a way that I get as many targets as possible viable for sneak attack... Profit!

Anyway, to the build:

I want to use a Hearth Orlan for the extra crit chance. Talents focus on Sneak Attack, Reckless Assault, Blinding Strike, Savage Attack, Deathblows etc.

I need your help deciding on the Attributes. Obviously with a 2H build focussing on damage, I want to max Might and Dexterity. I want Might at 18, so I will use the Living Lands culture to offset my -1 race penalty.

Currently, this is what I'm thinking about:

MIG: 18 (incl. Living Lands)
CON: 8
DEX: 18
PER: 12
INT: 17
RES: 5

MIG and DEX are kinda obvious. I chose to dump RES and CON mainly, because I don't intent on getting hit too often. Intellect for the duration of prone etc. and Perception mostly for the extra dialogue options and deflection.

I'd like your input on this. Am I doing the wrong thing dumping Resolve; should I dump CON instead? Is Perception even in any way necessary? What's your take on this?

Also, if you'd like to take a look at the post that inspired me: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72238-rogue-advice/?p=1655566

I want to focus on critical hits and damage on single target. My idea is to use a pike (extra range) as main weapon with the intent on getting Tall Grass as soon as possible, granting more crits and prone on crit.

Talents of the Rogue are interesting in that they can help you set up more sneak attacks. Sneak attack is great, as it procs on hit in the first 2 secs of a battle and on any target that is Blinded, Flanked, Hobbled, Paralyzed, Petrified, Prone, Stuck, Stunned or Weakened. So, if I set up my character and party in such a way that I get as many targets as possible viable for sneak attack... Profit!

Anyway, to the build:

I want to use a Hearth Orlan for the extra crit chance. Talents focus on Sneak Attack, Reckless Assault, Blinding Strike, Savage Attack, Deathblows etc.

I need your help deciding on the Attributes. Obviously with a 2H build focussing on damage, I want to max Might and Dexterity. I want Might at 18, so I will use the Living Lands culture to offset my -1 race penalty.

MIG and DEX are kinda obvious. I chose to dump RES and CON mainly, because I don't intent on getting hit too often. Intellect for the duration of prone etc. and Perception mostly for the extra dialogue options and deflection.

I'd like your input on this. Am I doing the wrong thing dumping Resolve; should I dump CON instead? Is Perception even in any way necessary? What's your take on this?

Also, if you'd like to take a look at the post that inspired me: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72238-rogue-advice/?p=1655566

Is the duration of the prone effect caused by a crit with Tall Grass affected by your intellect?

If it is not I might swap your intellect and resolve, as getting interrupted with a pike is bad. No one plans on getting hit but it sure seems like it happens a lot :)

If the choice is between dex and might, dex will add more damage. As a rogue you will have a lot of damage modifiers and all are additive. A higher dex gets you more attacks all of which are affected by all of you damage modifiers. As in you get  0.24 might, 0.5 sneak, 0.5 deathblow, 0.2 reckless, 0.2 savage, 0.45 superb for a total of 3.09 damage multiplier at 1.24 attack rate with 18 might and dex for 3.83 damage per base attack speed . A  17 might and 19 dex gets you 3.06 at 1.27 attack rate for 3.88 damage per base attack speed.

The more modifiers that are present the less importance there is on might. It matters most in the beginning when you do not have all of the damage modals nor expert weapons.

Anyway, to the build:

Is the duration of the prone effect caused by a crit with Tall Grass affected by your intellect?

If it is not I might swap your intellect and resolve, as getting interrupted with a pike is bad. No one plans on getting hit but it sure seems like it happens a lot :)

If the choice is between dex and might, dex will add more damage. As a rogue you will have a lot of damage modifiers and all are additive. A higher dex gets you more attacks all of which are affected by all of you damage modifiers. As in you get  0.24 might, 0.5 sneak, 0.5 deathblow, 0.2 reckless, 0.2 savage, 0.45 superb for a total of 3.09 damage multiplier at 1.24 attack rate with 18 might and dex for 3.83 damage per base attack speed . A  17 might and 19 dex gets you 3.06 at 1.27 attack rate for 3.88 damage per base attack speed.

The more modifiers that are present the less importance there is on might. It matters most in the beginning when you do not have all of the damage modals nor expert weapons.

So then for say a barbarian it would be wisest to invest heavily in Dex and Int. You could leave might at 10 and invest the rest in resolve or perception to help with survivability? Your just basically giving up a 30% damage modifier for survivability and there are plenty other damage modifier to take. And is it best to take fast or slow 2 handed? I also read that 2 weapon style only affects recovery and not attack speed.

Also for 2 handers. Is Tidefall better than any estoc because of enchants? Better than say b lade of endless paths?

Anyway, to the build:

So then for say a barbarian it would be wisest to invest heavily in Dex and Int. You could leave might at 10 and invest the rest in resolve or perception to help with survivability? Your just basically giving up a 30% damage modifier for survivability and there are plenty other damage modifier to take. And is it best to take fast or slow 2 handed? I also read that 2 weapon style only affects recovery and not attack speed.

Also for 2 handers. Is Tidefall better than any estoc because of enchants? Better than say b lade of endless paths?

Might is still very important, its just that grabbing the Living Lands for the +1 Might is probably not as good as grabbing. from a pure DPS standpoint, the  +1 dex from Deadfire Archipelago.

A barb is going to have less total damage mods than a rogue so Might will have a larger overall effect. A barb also has several attack speed modifiers which will make better use out of a higher Might.

A fighter gets to increase his passive endurance regen plus add to his total damage with a higher Might.

A barb gets to increase his total damage which then increases his carnage and is amplified by his attack speed increasing abilities.

A spellcaster has only Might available to increase his damage output, beyond the small elemental boost talents. Might is very important for casters.

A rogue gets so many additional damage modifiers than everyone else that stealing a few points from Might will not be noticeable.

For weapon types I am partial to big two handers to punch through enemy DR.

My time with barbs has been limited and with poor results, the inherent sturdiness and durability of fighters fit my gameplay style more than the crazy, all out assault style that barbs are better at. There are interactions between attack speed and carnage that affect dual wielding more beneficially than slower, bigger two handers, or at least that is what I've picked up from the forums.

Barbs have a low deflection to start and frenzy drops it even more. I am not sure how successful you can be trying to get deflection into the 90+ range without really adversely affecting your damage output. It does not mean it can not be done, but I am not sure that I've read any barb builds that went for a more tanky approach, most have been something like get OSA, reflection gear, firegod, ........., profit.

for 2h rogue from my experience I would max intel especially if u gonna make use of Tall Grass and other on hit status.

If u dump intel (3/4 itel) the prone only last like 2 seconds making it almost useless because u cant get in another hit before they get back up.

I would also have higher constitution and just dump resolve and perception. Mages, shadows, archers, and other enemies with big range tend to want to target those with the lowest HP. (at least that is what I notice with my rogue)

Max str, dex, intel,

rest in con

dump res, per

tho with this build ur dialouge option is severely limited so i dont recommend as your first playthru

In the end I went with a Hearth Orlan Rogue with:

MIG: 17

DEX: 19

I can see how you would choose to put some more in CON and/or RES and dump PER instead. Right now it's still quite easy (playing on Hard now), but I tend to be a little fragile. Massive damage with my pike though, that's quite nice. I use Eder and Aloth atm and both focus on knocking down, blinding, confusing or otherwise hindering enemies.

I only get in trouble with enemies like Shadows when they attack in packs of 4+, as they bypass Eder and go straight for me or Aloth.

It still looks like a fun build.

I always wonder if the min-max crowd are playing on easy mode. IMHO if your building a Dps fighter for PoTD, then giving him resolve/perception is a good idea - and typically means you cant afford max dex. The fighter is probably the only class in the game that can build deflection, while still outputting respectable damage.

too situational, unless you're making your own - short of a tough boss fight I rarely go looking for extra firepower