Wishlist for PoE going forward (future patches, expansions etc.)

1. Loading times. PLEASE if nothing else let's have better load times. In a city you get load times transitioning between areas, in/out of houses, UP DOWN THE STAIRS. This has got to be the priority 1, everyone-can-agree on improvement. Even Angry Joe complained about it in his review, and his loading times were like a quarter as long as mine.

2. Pathing. Another problem Angry Joe brought up. In close quarters I want my guys to be able to smoothly go past each other without going completely bonkers and wandering the hell knows where.

3. Party AI. Especially since your lvl 1 spells become per-encounter, I desperately want to script my Priest to cast his buffs automatically.

4. A hotkey to swap your weapon sets. Unless I'm stupid and you can already do this....(can someone inform me how?)

5. Re-distribute your characters talents. This would address the complaints about pre-leveled characters too. Give us something like a potion that lets us re-level up.

6. More uses for gold.

7. More epic items. Like legitimately epic. We're talking Crom Faeyr, Carsomyr. Weapons so epic that I remember their names today.

Feel free to add your own.... :)

Edited by Idleray
  • Like 3

1 is in the works with next patch, well have to wait and see how much it improves

Edited by Khalid the bear

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

i was afraid of that.
i think its inherent to saves being zipped. my game completed save is 6.51 mb in size, has 313 objects in it totaling 95,9 MB unpacked. each map has two files, mapfile (probably the state of the map and the npcs,) and fog file, character portraits, screenshot thumbnail. mobile objects.save file (lagest by far, 14,4 MB, and an xml file.

while my new game (Just got into Gilded vale) is 417 KB, and has 28 files in it, totaling 4,6 MB with mobileobjects.save  is 959 kb

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

1 to 100.Better encounter design so battles aren't rinse and repeat. Really ****ed up there Obsidian.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

it would probably work much better if it wasnt zipped, that way the game would have to load only current map and mobileobjects
(and as for transitions, part of the load time is actualy autosave, so that would be faster too, save one area, load nex area)

maybe they were afraid ouf using to much disk space, but a lot(atleast some) of games today have save folder totaling in gigabytes (witcher 2 for example)

then again unpacking and repacking the save(endgame) with 7zip doesnt take very long (repacknign ie compressing a bit longer than unpacking)

there are mods for that already, 'Deleted the autosave() method in Assembly-CSharp.dll' which is a 3mb file

placing a toggle in the options would be a bit of more work than just deleting one method. but i dont think much. its just a matter of priorities.

bugs first. although if there is no way to fix save/load times than that should move the priority of this to hotfix

- modal toggle: stay/follow enemy

I would like a modal combat ability, that tells my character to  stay putor follow the enemy.

E.g. my fighter is blocking 2 or 3 enemies while my wizard deals damage to them. The enemy my fighter is currently attacking starts running at my wizard. the fighter follows and everyone else as well... Now every enemy is attacking the wizard. The wizard dies.

However the modal would tell the fighter to stay and simply attack the next enemy, so only 1 enemy is running at the wizard.

- practice dummies with combat data

I would also like to see some practice dummies (maybe at the stronghold) put to use.

Each dummy has a different DR. I could attack them for 20 seconds and get some combat data telling me how many attacks or how much damage the character dealt.

I could use this to choose my gear, since currently the attack speeds (fast, average, slow) are not very helpful when combined with armor.

• Like 1

So far my biggest gripe is complete lack of unit AI (can't we partially recycle some of the AI they used for enemies at least?) and pathfinding, which you mentioned.  I'm so tired of all my characters just standing around because they can't get through the five foot opening in the doorway ahead of them thanks to Eder needing a quarter mile of personal space in the middle of a fight.  Oddly enough it's never an issue outside of combat, they all squeeze past each other fairly well.

Great list, I support it 100%. In addition, I would love to see a random encounters system (like a gladiator arena or expanded bounty hunt) implemented, something that allows us IWD fans to continue toying with combat after all the quests are completed. Even if it was something "plain" like an ongoing unscripted war that you could slip in and out of, visiting battlefields for loot and reputation.

About point 3 : I completely disagree, micro-management is the core of IE games. Also, you can hotkey spells with F1-F? keys

I agree on most of the other stuff though

You can hotkey abilities with pretty much any key that isn't already bound.

You can't hotkey weapon sets.