Assuming I understand what you're asking about: If you click on a portrait in combat, their hotbar comes up. Spells and skills available are automatically put there. I'm not sure about actually hotkeying them. I can look ...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yes you can hotkey spells here. I gave the game some flak for not having them, but I just didn't know how it was done.

Just mouse over an ability and press the desired hotkey. If the key isn't assigned to anything else, voila. You can't use modifier keys (CTRL alone works as a hotkey though, but not shift) but if you free up some useful keys by rebinding them (like A being bound to attack is a great bind wasted so change that) and take into account that the binds are per character (unlike BG2) you can make the game so much more comfortable.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Yeah, just looked it up/tried it and the above is the way it works. :)

I have no need for them myself - I don't mind the mouse clicking method, especially when there are way too many skills/spells per chr. for keys available - but they could be useful here and there.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wow. Is this on the manual ?

Guess I skimmed it while waiting for the download and promptly forgot.

Thank you for the tip.

I still would love to see a customizable hotbar though, there are a lot of spells and plenty of space left on the UI.

Yes you can hotkey spells here. I gave the game some flak for not having them, but I just didn't know how it was done.

Just mouse over an ability and press the desired hotkey. If the key isn't assigned to anything else, voila. You can't use modifier keys (CTRL alone works as a hotkey though, but not shift) but if you free up some useful keys by rebinding them (like A being bound to attack is a great bind wasted so change that) and take into account that the binds are per character (unlike BG2) you can make the game so much more comfortable.

This here is such a small, but important, feature of the UI for me when controlling 6 party members and all their abilities in real-time  :)  Thumbs up Obsidian for your hotkey system :thumbsup:

Edited by Hexo