Game constantly crashing

Falxsonoma

Question

The game worked fine pre 1.03, have tried many times on 1.03, and now even on beta 1.04

Basically the game wont run longer than maybe 30 or 40 seconds max.

Sometimes it dies on obsidian logo, sometimes it dies when clicking load or new game, it nearly always dies when loading or creating a game, and rarely, it will load a game, only to last a maximum of 8 seconds or so.

I have tried every possible combination of options, steam options, new games, old games, uninstalling, reinstalling, changing installation drives, steam validation, and on and on.

The game is just broken in 1.03 (and beta 1.04)

I have uploaded both my most recent output logs.

output_log.txt

output_log.txt

10 answers to this question

Did you try the fix in the pinned thread in this forum?

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72049-workarounds-for-several-known-issues-4-07-15/

I have tried every single fix on this forum and plus some. I have tried a  hundred different ways to get the game to play.

I am on win 7, game has been installed on both the HDD and SSD, nviidia 780 GPU.

I have tried lowest resolution and graphics and highest and everything in between. I have tried messing with the AA via console commands etc etc etc ad nauseam, i have tried compatibility mods, all possible steam options from cloud saving on/off to launching it completely outside of steam. I have tried everything.

Yo, I have been having issues with crashes too. Any time I try to load a game or create a new game. No idea for a cause or fix yet.

I saw your post and it seems you and I have the same issue.

I hope it gets fixed because I really want to recommend this game, not to mention it worked fine pre 1.03

Hey guys,

Thank you for including your output log. We have this issue log internally and currently investigating as to why this is occurring.

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!