There is an even odder scenario:  You can massacre the Doernohlds...or whatever they are called, without any genuine repercussions.  No one at the general assembly pointed out that the people who last entered the Doer's mansion walked out blood red.  Get rich, with minimal trouble.

There is an even odder scenario:  You can massacre the Doernohlds...or whatever they are called, without any genuine repercussions.  No one at the general assembly pointed out that the people who last entered the Doer's mansion walked out blood red.  Get rich, with minimal trouble.

That's because everyone hates the Lannisters Doemenels.

Also do note that you can use your money to get past some obstacles in the game. There's one quest where the most expensive bribery option (the one where you don't try to persuasde/intimidate) results in the best outcome for both the quest giver and the main antagonist. She's only in your way because she needs the money, and once that problem is solved, she happily helps you. In fact, later in the game, she moves to a classy neighborhood to begin a new life.

So, two related quesiton:
How is shop inventory handled? Does it refresh at certain intervals or do you eventually lose access to some shops?

How are Taxes Vs. Bandits actually handled? Right now, I'm getting basically nothing from taxes, due to bandits, but I've also heard stories of people spending on hirelings and actually losing lots of money, because hirelings get paid more frequently than taxes and the taxes were only earning them about 1 round of payments.

I do think obsidian a play how you want / avoid fights if you want / xp is quest based is a bit undermined by the fact that if you want to afford shinies from merchants then you will want to slaughter everything in sight. Take Raederics (sp?) hold for example... I could don the disguises and avoid combat and wind up with the same xp... Or I could butcher anything that moves and walk out of there 20k richer.

Yeah, that was not particularly well thought out on their part; which is silly, because it's a fairly obvious problem.