So Obsidian Devs basically give the finger only to solo-players

You mean *you* can't memorize.

Why don't you type down, now, all the conditions in PoE and their effects? 

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

how getting rid of it makes the game feel like a MMO for you.

They didn't get rid of it

~ Kaine

They buffed solo XP gain.

Gold is easy enough to get.

Net gain for solo players. 

If that's true, its very good to hear

~ Kaine

You do realize that this is the Internet, on a forum, with access to google and Wikipedia, and you have given no time limit of any sort on my response?

Regardless, my point was not that I have everything about PoE memorized. My point is that just because you suck at manipulating and understanding the combat mechanic does not mean it's over engineered. It's there if you want to take advantage if it; if you don't have the intelligence, attention span, or motivation then you don't have to.

You do realize that this is the Internet, on a forum, with access to google and Wikipedia, and you have given no time limit of any sort on my response?

Regardless, my point was not that I have everything about PoE memorized. My point is that just because you suck at manipulating and understanding the combat mechanic does not mean it's over engineered. It's there if you want to take advantage if it; if you don't have the intelligence, attention span, or motivation then you don't have to.

Ok look. the combat is not a problem here. I may not like it 100%, its a matter of taste. I will grow fond of it. Doesnt matter. Balance and bugs are problems. non-issues like Firedorn memorial certainly are not. Do you get my drift? They aren't assigning priorities as they should.

EDIT: And combat in PoE *is* over-engineered. No one said that's a bad thing. Its rather a matter of taste. For example I love getting hemorrhoids while playing Temple of Elemental Evil and Wizardry 8.

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

Ok look. the combat is not a problem here. I may not like it 100%, its a matter of taste. I will grow fond of it. Doesnt matter. Balance and bugs are problems. non-issues like Firedorn memorial certainly are not. Do you get my drift? They aren't assigning priorities as they should.

Yes I'm sure that replacing a backer text with another text took them days and days to do and we lost a number of bug fixes in the process. 100% certain. Absolutely.

Yes I'm sure that replacing a backer text with another text took them days and days to do and we lost a number of bug fixes in the process. 100% certain. Absolutely.

Actually Obsidian themselves said the text couldn't be renamed due to codding. So they needed to make a new one and find a place for it. But w/e I see what you mean. The real issue is how much time and energy they lost on PR-ing this nightmare vs LGTB SWJs. Firedorn said it himself that he changed the whole thing because they politely asked him to , so that Obsidian wouldn't lose their heads any more in this marketing tripe

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

I'm sorry, perhaps I was not clear - entirely my fault. Let me clarify: what promises has Josh Sawyer Broken?

The first two off my list

O.k. I'm just not getting it then. Did he promise not to mess with the classic formula, or did he promise to leave it in? Further, in my experience you can play both with the classic formula, or with one of your own choosing, depending difficulty and on where you are on the learning curve. It certainly does not constitute a broken promise as I see it. Secondly, if I recall, he said you could complete the game with any party combination, even a gimmick party of say just rogues or chanters. Which still seems true depending on your skill level and difficulty setting. 

At any rate, I fail to see anything that constitutes a broken promise, I mean, unless one is hellbent on construeing it as such. 

EDIT: And combat in PoE *is* over-engineered. No one said that's a bad thing. Its rather a matter of taste. For example I love getting hemorrhoids while playing Temple of Elemental Evil and Wizardry 8.

If you played ToEE you probably got hemmorrhoids when it uninstalled your system files like it did to me. **** that game. **** it right in it's Windows-uninstalling face.

Look, about the backer poem thing...I don't care. I didn't care about the poem, I didn't care about the twitter message, I didn't care about the controversy, and I don't care about the debate now. I don't care. At all.

The bugs are a problem--the actual software bugs, glitched maps and whatnot. A patch has already been put out, and a hotfix to fix an issue with the patch. Another patch is being worked on now.

Combat in PoE isn't perfect, but is very good. It's extremely fun, and exactly as deep and complex as you want it to be.

• Like 1

Agreed. It was just a PR nightmare for them. It also delayed patch deployment for a day or two, and overloaded their servers for a week. Should've just let it blow over all I'm saying.

~ Kaine

@Nukein: You also have Notes in your Journal. So you can write notes where you can go. If you get into a stump, just Note "Will return to this place later". If you turn on dead ends everywhere, then you'll have to restart, make a new build, try again.

EDIT: @revjwh: You want a challenge, you have it. If you don't want a challenge, maybe you're shouldn't try Solo? Save the game often, try different paths if you end up at one road that is a dead end (you can always return later). And if you dislike it, make a new character and start over.

Or, make a duo-team, of 2-4 characters. Because you want to summon an "animat" or whatever, why not just make a second adventurer instead? And if you truly are hunting for that Solo Achievement, play on Easy, that'll be easier to and less of a challenge (as compared to, say, Hard).

The Chanter can summon skeletons, try that instead?

Solo Chanter ? Ouch !!!