Weathered Grimoire  (Dyrford Ruins - Blood Legacy - Wymund's wizard companion)

Lv 1: Arkemyr's Dazzling Lights, Chill Fog, Fan of Flames, Slicken
Lv 2: Combusting Wounds, Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon, Curse of Blackened Sight, Mirror Image
Lv 3: Fireball, Llengrath's Displaced Image, Minoletta's Bounding Missiles
Lv 4: Confusion, Minoletta's Concussive Missiles
Lv 5: Blast of Frost, Ryngrim's Enervating Terror

Ignorance is only a curse to those who believe it isn't.

Yeah, it works. This thread is for those who don't want to cheese it.

Osrya, found in Raedric's Hold Dungeon

Lvl 1: Minoletta's Minor Missiles, Jolting Touch, Fleet Feet

Lvl 2: Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon, Binding Web

Lvl 3: Fireball, Crackling Bolt

And having a list of locations where to find various grimoires to let you go straight to them without exploring and dealing with things as they come isn't cheesy?  :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

You should also remember that you can recruit a wizard npc one level below you and fill up his spellbook with spells. Its rather cheesy but it works.

How do you  save the spells

Yeah, it works. This thread is for those who don't want to cheese it.

Osrya, found in Raedric's Hold Dungeon

Lvl 1: Minoletta's Minor Missiles, Jolting Touch, Fleet Feet

Lvl 2: Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon, Binding Web

Lvl 3: Fireball, Crackling Bolt

I would not consider that strategy cheese at all. You're effectively paying for those spells by hiring a wizard to let you copy his spells. The cost even scales if you want higher level spells since the cost of hiring a higher level adventurer scales. In fact, if you consider this a cheesy way to get spells, I can't imagine what you consider actually USING said custom-built wizard companion in your party to be. That must be epic level cheese to be sure.

How does this strategy of hiring a wizard that is mentioned above work that would allow you to learn all the available spells? Also does this mean that you can actually learn all available spells for the spell level you or the hired wizard is at?

Also, what is meant by "saving" spells in this topic? I assume it doesn't mean keeping scrolls obtained to use at a later time?

How does this strategy of hiring a wizard that is mentioned above work that would allow you to learn all the available spells? Also does this mean that you can actually learn all available spells for the spell level you or the hired wizard is at?

Also, what is meant by "saving" spells in this topic? I assume it doesn't mean keeping scrolls obtained to use at a later time?

I haven't tried it, but I am going to make an educated guess at how it would be done:

1) You hire a wizard in addition to the one you intend to play.

2) Even if you retire him using the Party Management feature at an inn or the stronghold you will unlock, he will gain XP at a high % of the rate your active party does. Every so often you bring him out just to level him and have him learn different spells than the ones your main wizard takes.

3) You then give your alt wizard's grimoire to your main wizard, and have him learn the spells for a copper cost. This act of learning spells from the grimoire of another wizard (typically an enemy wizard unless you're using this cheesy technique) is what people mean to refer to here when they say "saving."