Downloadable Content

Cost or bradband is not an issue for me..... I just dont like paying for something I don't really need when they have really nothing to offer me........

When most of the content comes out on OXM discs anyways and alot of the live or link aware games can be uses with "other" software for online play with friends....

I've lived all over the country, and many places Broadband is pretty comparable to Dial-up.

My mother pays $24 a month for AOL dial-up. I pay $40 a month for Cox. I could get DSL for $35 a month if I wanted, but Cox is much faster.

Consider the cost of a phone line, and the hassle of dial-up and the jump to $35-$40 a month is a foregone conclusion in my book. I also got a free cable model (of which I have 2 now) and a free webcam (of which I now have three).

I'm crossing my fingers, and downloads like this are all the more reason why broadband is a necessity for life.

I have the broadband connection, I just dont play any online games, therefore I neither want nor need XBox live........except for the DLC for TSL.......and as I've already shelled out for the game, I feel I am getting short changed by having to pay for my game, then my broadband and then XBox live which I would never again use. Where as PC users cut out the middle man (live) completely, and still pay the same price for the game, AND dont need broadband at all to get the DLC! Now I may be alone here but if it doesnt come out on a seperate disc or something like that i would be rather upset ;)

unless someone would slip me a live pin on the sly :ph34r: :p then ignore ^ that :p

I'm crossing my fingers, and downloads like this are all the more reason why broadband is a necessity for life.

I have the broadband connection, I just dont play any online games, therefore I neither want nor need XBox live........except for the DLC for TSL.......and as I've already shelled out for the game, I feel I am getting short changed by having to pay for my game, then my broadband and then XBox live which I would never again use. Where as PC users cut out the middle man (live) completely, and still pay the same price for the game, AND dont need broadband at all to get the DLC! Now I may be alone here but if it doesnt come out on a seperate disc or something like that i would be rather upset :p

Same Here. <_< ;)

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Personally, I thought the fact we got extra stuff in the PC version, which esentially never materialised on the X-Box version compensated a wee bit for many of the console limitations imposed to the PC versions design. Honestly, how could you forget to add a walk button to the PC version? :/

I don't really believe downloadable extra content is overly worth it in either version however. I prefer my RPG's complete out of the box, with maybe an expansion if there is still room to wiggle in the story.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Personally, I thought the fact we got extra stuff in the PC version, which esentially never materialised on the X-Box version compensated a wee bit for many of the console limitations imposed to the PC versions design. Honestly, how could you forget to add a walk button to the PC version? :/

I don't really believe downloadable extra content is overly worth it in either version however. I prefer my RPG's complete out of the box, with maybe an expansion if there is still room to wiggle in the story.

But it was a console game to begin with, as far as I can see the discision to put it out on PC came later.

And I would still feel I was missing out, no matter how small the DLC was, as indeed I did with the first game ;)

Apparently the PC version was always developed alongside the Xbox version.

Yes on TSL but Im talking about the original KotOR, and if they were developed side by side then why I wonder did they leave the PC release so late? Especially when TSL (which are being developed side by side) Xbox and PC release is the same time?

They were worked on concurrently, but it was LucasArt's decision to release the X-Box version first, so it got finished sooner without the additional content which later became the DLC.

The day I believe that is the day someone brands the word "Gullible" into my forehead with an iron.

The game was clearly ported, if it was worked on from the ground up and NOT ported, I want to know why it doesn't have a walk button (This is very solid evidence if you consider how the X-Box analogue controller works), the INCREDIBLY clunky interface (which I hear obsidian is fixing this time around for the PC version) and other oddities.

I don't believe the 'built' for both systems independantly one bit, because they clearly aren't.

I do believe though that they decided to add some stuff to the PC version afterwards, but it was only very minor and I don't think really altered the game that radically.

I'm still not a fan of extra content however except in the forms of expansion packs. I'd rather a well balanced and thought out main quest to adding random stuff afterwards :rolleyes:

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*