Eder's level scaling is broken

Bubbles

Question

If I recruit Eder at level 3, he comes with "Rapid Recovery" and "Weapon Focus: Ruffian", two talents. If I recruit him at level 2, he doesn't have WF:R, only Rapid Recovery. Since he doesn't get to choose another talent at level 3, he's objectively worse than if I had recruited him later. This is nonsensical.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

I did some more testing with the console, and the problem only seems to be with the level 3 version of Eder. The level 4 version has exactly the same talent/ability layout as the level 3 version (one more talent than the level 2 version, which is in accordance with the game rules), and the level 5 version does not add any extra talents on top of that (which is also how it should be).

So if you recruited him at level 3 and he has one talent more than everybody else, you can just invest in one that's useless to him (like Shot on the Run) to restore the beautiful balance.

Edited by Bubbles

Yeah, I've had some issues working this out in my head, too. I noticed it yesterday that it just wasn't adding up. Edér shouldn't have Rapid Recovery at lvl 3.

That being said, I think it's odd that he has Weapon Focus: Ruffian, considering that he's a farmhand that used to be a soldier. Either WF: Soldier or WF: Peasant would make more sense, I think, especially since he's not a Rogue any more.

Also, as for the "solution" of giving him a useless Talent to restore the balance, I'd argue that Rapid Recovery is already pretty damn useless. :lol:

t50aJUd.jpg

Sabres are good weapons, just FYI.

Rapid Recovery is god awful though. I'd prefer if they swapped them so I could get Eder without Rapid Recovery xD

Well from that perspective, well, yeah, Sabres are actually really good. But I'd still prefer him to have Peasant or Soldier; I'm a fluffmuppet and you know it. :lol: One of them have Spears, and I know you like spears anyway. ;)

And well.. yeah, I'd prefer them to fix that too, because... I'm in the habit of giving my CNPC:s an extra Talent, an underpowered one mostly for feels, and Edér having Rapid Recovery prevents me from giving him something equally useless but decided by me, like Deep Pockets or Fast Runner. :lol:

It should be fixed either way, anyway.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg