Hi everyone.

I wanted to know the requierments of my PC to run Pillars of Eternity with nice graphics and all (shadows, clean sound and stuff).

Could you redirect me to a page where everything is detailed ?

Oh and sorry if the question have already been asked or if i'm in the wrong place to ask it, i just gotta know quick in order to buy it and play immediately (can't wait) :p

One more question fellows : is there an option to install the game in french ? I can't say i've many troubles reading in English but errrr i prefer read in french that's much more comfortable to me.

Have a nice game btw. I'm sure you'll have... :)

So far I haven't seen any settings to adjust graphics. So I am guessing its a one size fits all sort of deal.

That's because there isn't really much to adjust - You've got an animated 2D background with some particle effects and then some 3D characters on top.

Fixed. When your message formatting goes crazy, use the Remove Format button (second from top left in the quick reply box).

See here for sysreqs.

https://eternity.obsidian.net/buy

• Like 1

Fixed. When your message formatting goes crazy, use the Remove Format button (second from top left in the quick reply box).

See here for sysreqs.

Thanks but it's like chinese to me.

I know i got 4GB of RAM, Windows 7...

But when it comes to the processor or the video...

See here for sysreqs.

Google is your friend. It's not hard to figure out if you put in ten minutes of your time. 

Run dxdiag to discover what your graphics card is. 

Check systemrequirementslab.com - they may have POE on there, in which case they'd diagnose your computer and tell you what exactly is lacking or not.

• Like 1

See here for sysreqs.

Google is your friend. It's not hard to figure out if you put in ten minutes of your time. 

Run dxdiag to discover what your graphics card is. 

Check systemrequirementslab.com - they may have POE on there, in which case they'd diagnose your computer and tell you what exactly is lacking or not.

Thanks.

Consider you were talking to an old man it should give you an idea on how i'm an ignorant when it comes to technology.

Well, your GPU at least, is well below spec. The GeForce 9600 GT listed as the minimum requirement is almost four times as fast as your GeForce 310 in terms of raw computing power (sligtly lower GPU clock speed, significantly lower memory clock and 16 computation cores compared to 64 on the GF9600).

Not saying the game won't flat out work, the 310 actually has almost the same technology support as the GF9600 (DX10, OGL3.3), but it might require heavy tweaking, especially if your CPU is near or below the recommended minimum as well. The problem is, as others have stated, there aren't really that many options to tweak currently.

• Like 1

Well, your GPU at least, is well below spec. The GeForce 9600 GT listed as the minimum requirement is almost four times as fast as your GeForce 310 in terms of raw computing power (sligtly lower GPU clock speed, significantly lower memory clock and 16 computation cores compared to 64 on the GF9600).

Not saying the game won't flat out work, the 310 actually has almost the same technology support as the GF9600 (DX10, OGL3.3), but it might require heavy tweaking, especially if your CPU is near or below the recommended minimum as well. The problem is, as others have stated, there aren't really that many options to tweak currently.

We'll see. I just bought it...

I used the website systemrequirementslab.com it says my computer was okay to run that game. A little bit higher than the minimum required so i hope it will work.

PC games............... Just too complicated :'(

Yesterday i tried to reinstall Rayman 2 but the launcher doesn't wanna start because it's a 16bits program you belive that ?

The worst part of all this is that generally, PC games are much better than consol games.

Edited by ProjectBG2Respawn

Yesterday i tried to reinstall Rayman 2 but the launcher don't wanna start because it's a 16bits program you belive that ?

I can explain that one easily. After Windows 98 and XP, Microsoft decided to finally give up supporting 16bit (which was getting very old even by then). To play anything from the 16bit era you're going to have to keep an old installation of 98SE or XP around on the side - or look into emulation.

Anyway - Getting off track here. Do you have Steam by any chance? It has a very easy "What is my hardware?" tool that puts it all together in a neat logfil you can copy/paste into a thread and have the youngsters look at and give you a rough estimate of what kind of performance (if it'll run at all) out of it. :)

If you do - It's the "system information" menu under Help, at the top of your Steam window

If you don't, you can try a DXDIAG - which is a bit more cryptic to read but still fairly useful.

• Like 1

Yesterday i tried to reinstall Rayman 2 but the launcher don't wanna start because it's a 16bits program you belive that ?

I can explain that one easily. After Windows 98 and XP, Microsoft decided to finally give up supporting 16bit (which was getting very old even by then). To play anything from the 16bit era you're going to have to keep an old installation of 98SE or XP around on the side - or look into emulation.

Anyway - Getting off track here. Do you have Steam by any chance? It has a very easy "What is my hardware?" tool that puts it all together in a neat logfil you can copy/paste into a thread and have the youngsters look at and give you a rough estimate of what kind of performance (if it'll run at all) out of it. :)

If you do - It's the "system information" menu under Help, at the top of your Steam window

If you don't, you can try a DXDIAG - which is a bit more cryptic to read but still fairly useful.

I knew the reason for that 16bit stuff...

It brakes my heart, star wars racer and star wars phantom menace have the same problem.

Thanks for the information about steam. Well the downloading of the game is at 60-70% now so i'll try directly and i come back to you folks if any problem or just to tell you if everthing is right and to thank you all one last time before i become a nolife.