OSX graphics problem

urthmover

Question

I installed the game via Steam.  I started the game and it began in window mode.  I changed the resolution to 3440x1440 and fullscreen saved it and restarted the game.  Now when I start the game, I see my cursor, hear the audio, and am faced with a black screen.  Maybe if I am able to change my resolution or go back to window mode that will help.

What is the path to the OSX ini file where I can fix/reset my resolution and other graphics options?

Please help.  Thanks

• Like 1

Just wanted to circle back on the thread and confirm that there are no issues running on my iMac (no external display) now that the game is downloaded / installed.  No issues arose when I changed the default resolution to my display standard 2560x1440.  Sounds like this is an issue with OS X external display connections that the PofE team will have to patch in the coming months.

Just wanted to circle back on the thread and confirm that there are no issues running on my iMac (no external display) now that the game is downloaded / installed.  No issues arose when I changed the default resolution to my display standard 2560x1440.  Sounds like this is an issue with OS X external display connections that the PofE team will have to patch in the coming months.

Hopefully it doesn't take that long!

• Like 1

I have a current model Mac Mini with a BenQ GW2765 connected via mini-displayport to displayport. I am also experiencing the blank screen problem. I did try connecting to the monitor via DVI (through the min-displayport dongle, of course), and that worked OK. I am fine with the 1080p resolution that DVI allows; however, I would prefer not to be stuck with that at all times. That's not why I bought this monitor.

It seems a lot of people are having trouble with displayport connections? Is that all. Is it possible it's a OSX -> Displayport problem?

I have a current model Mac Mini with a BenQ GW2765 connected via mini-displayport to displayport. I am also experiencing the blank screen problem. I did try connecting to the monitor via DVI (through the min-displayport dongle, of course), and that worked OK. I am fine with the 1080p resolution that DVI allows; however, I would prefer not to be stuck with that at all times. That's not why I bought this monitor.

It seems a lot of people are having trouble with displayport connections? Is that all. Is it possible it's a OSX -> Displayport problem?

It's a shame that the Dual Link DVI adapter is so ridiculously expensive that I can't test if it's a DisplayPort problem.

It would be nice if someone from Obsidian would acknowledge this problem somehow. Maybe because the topic title is so unclear this doesnt seem like a major problem? Perhaps we need to create a new topic with a more clear title.

I also sent an email to Obsidian support, but there's been no actual reply yet.

• Like 1

It would be nice if someone from Obsidian would acknowledge this problem somehow. Maybe because the topic title is so unclear this doesnt seem like a major problem? Perhaps we need to create a new topic with a more clear title.

Be good enough to update us if/when you get a response. I agree that the lack of official reply is worrisome

Be good enough to update us if/when you get a response. I agree that the lack of official reply is worrisome

Perhaps that(emailing support@obsidian.net) is what people should do instead of posting to this forum to make Obsidian realize that this is a quite widespread problem.

Hi guys, I made a post about this today here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-178-os-x-black-screen-resolution-switching-and-external-display-issues

Unfortunately, this is currently looking like a bug in Unity and not something we can fix without their assistance, but we've filed it in their system and hopefully will have some... resolution... soon. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself!)

Also, please comment there as that page links off of our support FAQ in the root of this forum. Thanks!

• Like 2

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!