Ok, so will Steam show me playing PoE Hero edition? Right now it seem to only say Pillars of Eternity.

I also just found out about the pet and the items from My Products page:

Pillars of Eternity - Kickstarter Hero Edition
pe-hero.png

Includes the base game of Pillars of Eternity. Added bonuses include the Giant Miniature Space Piglet and Gaun's Pledge pre-order items.

So it doesn't seem that Kickstarter backers have different items, as suggested in this thread.

I must apologize, just found out about the items going to appear today in our accounts.

Also found this:

1 Early Backer: Just the Game

This tier includes:

• Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
  • Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.
  • Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Backer Forum Badge.
  • Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.
  • Digital download of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary.

So a cookbook! Looking forward to this (not kidding!).

And an achievement! Nice.

• Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.

If someone upgrades his or her Kickstarter Hero edition to the Royal edition via Steam, will he or she lose out on the Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item? And will the new Steam game description indicate that the game is now not a Kickstarter edition?

23u4g7t.jpg

If someone upgrades his or her Kickstarter Hero edition to the Royal edition via Steam, will he or she lose out on the Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item?

I highly doubt it, but even if you do, an email to Obsidian's support should get it sorted.

What are you doing for people that purchased the Digital Download Plus - $45.00 back in 2013. It includes almost all the items are the Royal edition yet the only items I've received is the Hero edition, cook book, collectors book and sound track.

7u77nHc.png

Really all I want is the map so I can have it printed and stick it on my wall. That was why I bought that tier in the first place...

edit: spelling are hard...

Edited by deadterran

What are you doing for people that purchased the Digital Download Plus - $45.00 back in 2013. It includes almost all the items are the Royal edition yet the only items I've received is the Hero edition, cook book, collectors book and sound track.

7u77nHc.png

Really all I want is the map so I can have it printed and stick it on my wall. That was why I bought that tier in the first place...

Those items will be available via the backer portal - I've already got the cookbook - not sure if all the items are up yet or not.  I think some things, like the documentary, are still not available

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

7u77nHc.png

Those items will be available via the backer portal - I've already got the cookbook - not sure if all the items are up yet or not.  I think some things, like the documentary, are still not available

I was referring to the backers portal in my post. My friends and I all bought the Digital Download Plus and for some reason we hadn't got any of the backer items at the time of posting. They just finally showed up in the product list 12 hours after launch so I'm guessing it was something to do with that particular backer level.

I did some analysis. These are all the Steam Pillars of Eternity 'SKUs' (Steam calls it 'subs'):

https://steamdb.info/app/291650/subs/

Some of these are "developer only", some might be only for internal testing.

The SKUs you can buy at Steam are:

The pre-order SKUs are:

The upgrade SKUs are:

The backer only DLCs are:

The SKUs containing these backer DLCs are:

• Backer Hero Edition - Pillars of Eternity + Backer Item and Achievement + Making of Documentary + Pre-order Item and Pet + Cookbook: 62849, 63750
  • Backer Champion Edition - Pillars of Eternity + Original Soundtrack + Campaign Almanac + High Resolution Game Map + Making of Documentary + Ringtones + Wallpapers + Backer Pet, Backer Item and Achievement + Pre-order Item and Pet + Novella + High Resolution Concept Art + Cookbook + Collector's Book: 62850, 63751
  • Backer Royal Edition - all Backer Chamion Edition content + Strategy Guide: 62851, 63752

The funny thing is, none of the Backer Editions contain the Champion and Royal Edition DLCs (whatever they are):

These were removed from the Backer Editions: 62850, 63751, 62851, 63752!

The purchasable (or pre-orderable) Champion and Royal editions don't contain the backer only Cookbook: Cookbook.

I hope I have confused you Royally ;)

PS. My conclusions: the only difference between the Champion and Royal Backer editions is the strategy guide. Steam should add it without loosing the backer bonuses, if you purchase the Royal Edition Upgrade.

Edited by GL1zdA

• 2 weeks later...

"Signed Retail Collector's Edition - $250.00 - Royal Edition"

I thoguht this included the hrd copy of the strategy guide but I got mine in the mail and just got the 'collector's book' not the stratgey guide. I noticed on my backer page it says 'collector's book' but I was told that was just a  typo. The whole point of $250 was to get the strategy guide. Did I screw up or did Paradox/Obsidian do so?

(talking physical copy as  computer version  nets me everything <>)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.