My Ultra-Conservative/Reactionary Wishlist for the Expansion

I accepted a lot of IE features being omitted from PoE with the argument that they were not very enjoyable. I reconciled with other features being omitted with the explanation that development time/resources were not enough. When it comes to the expansion though, I will raise my expectations. Taking into account the fact that the team has experience with the engine tools and has a solid base to build upon. The features I was sort of disappointed to see gone from PoE and want back in the expansion are these, off the top of my head:

1. Arrows, bullets and bolts for projectile weapons.

2. Weight carry capacity on per-party member basis

3. Map notes

4. The damn volume sliders from IE games.

5. The damn interface feedback sliders from IE games.

6. Splitting the party between non-party-required areas, which in combination with

7. Stealth on party member level will allow for the party's prowler ro scout ahead in buildings effectively.

8. Separated stealth and trap-detecting stance - it just looks silly to have your party go semi-transparent and in stealth when you really want to look for traps, Immersion-breaking too.

9. Pickpocket as an ability - I think there is a no small segment of players who find it fun to pickpocket every npc just to see what they'll find. I know I've done it throughout Baldur's Gate and Athkathla :) It's similar to that silly mmo game where you just open chests. The surprise of what you'll find drives you on. Not to mention that a pickpocket mechanic can be used in quests.

I'll limit this wishlist to features I want back from IE games, without writing about new features which I think would add to the gameplay such as a more complex search for containers mechanic for example.

What do you think about this little list. Anything here that you also consider important?

I haven't read the whole thread - probably won't - but one thing I immediately see missing is Individual Stealth and Combat Stealth.

t50aJUd.jpg

I haven't read the whole thread - probably won't - but one thing I immediately see missing is Individual Stealth

Lucky for us that's already been confirmed. :)

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Hah! I thought this was a new thread, but it turns out that it's just the old one that's been bumped and that I have, indeed, read the whole thread. :lol:

I haven't read the whole thread - probably won't - but one thing I immediately see missing is Individual Stealth

Oh? When? Where? I'm a bit out of the loop these days.

t50aJUd.jpg

Hah! I thought this was a new thread, but it turns out that it's just the old one that's been bumped and that I have, indeed, read the whole thread. :lol:

Oh? When? Where? I'm a bit out of the loop these days.

• Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

1. Arrows, bullets and bolts for projectile weapons.

Tedious as hell if we're talking limited supplies. If you mean just finding a better magical quiver or whatever with unlimited arrows, ok, whatever, but I don't see much point when you can just have the same extra power and effects rolled into the weapons themselves.

2. Weight carry capacity on per-party member basis

No, weight limits have never made any game better in any way at all.

3. Map notes

4. The damn volume sliders from IE games.

5. The damn interface feedback sliders from IE games.

Map notes would be very nice. Can't remember exactly what all those sliders did but more options is always good.

6. Splitting the party between non-party-required areas, which in combination with

7. Stealth on party member level will allow for the party's prowler ro scout ahead in buildings effectively.

Sure.

8. Separated stealth and trap-detecting stance - it just looks silly to have your party go semi-transparent and in stealth when you really want to look for traps, Immersion-breaking too.

They should just remove detection mode since all it accomplishes is tedium, but as long as it is going to be in then having it tied to stealth at least means slightly less tedious mode toggling, so no.

9. Pickpocket as an ability

Absolutely not friggin ever, unless the implementation is drastically different from the tedious crap it's been in every game before. Save, PP, Save PP, got caught load game olol, PP...Such fun (not).

• Like 1

I really hope we get this one...

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

I think I could live with them separating the stealth/trap-finding modes if and ONLY if they allowed disarming to remain a stealth action. It pissed me off to no end when disarming a trap would take you out of hiding in the IE games, it made it impossible to scout ahead and disarm traps.

1aw3tiY.png

... It pissed me off to no end when disarming a trap would take you out of hiding in the IE games, it made it impossible to scout ahead and disarm traps.

not impossible - just a pita.  You had a few seconds of coming out of stealth to disarm, retreat, and re-stealth.

I just used the lower-level invisibility spell on my scout (disarming traps doesn't dispel invisibility).

I agree for PoE, disarming traps shouldn't (and doesn't) take you out of stealth-mode.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Hey, they used the term I came up with! :D  Disclaimer: They probably came up with it independently of me, I just wanted to point out that I used the term in another thread before I saw it.

Edited by FlintlockJazz

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams