Accuracy be-gone?

Or you know, killing things.

:) I agree but in a party of six characters don't you think an interrupter could be quite useful? A barbarian or fighter, for example, or maybe even a wizard seem like they could function well in this role.

in the previous builds, increased interrupt % didn't quite work as one suspected. is not as if adding +20% to interrupt via the attribute modification aspect resulted in a +20% rate/chance of interruption. the math for interrupts were a bit complex, and whatever were being modified by 20% were not the overall/final chance o' interruptions.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

in the previous builds, increased interrupt % didn't quite work as one suspected. is not as if adding +20% to interrupt via the attribute modification aspect resulted in a +20% rate/chance of interruption. the math for interrupts were a bit complex, and whatever were being modified by 20% were not the overall/final chance o' interruptions.  

HA! Good Fun!

I think then the mechanic was described poorly. If it works like Sensuki says then it is +20% to your base interrupt. If your base interrupt is 40%, then +20% gives you 48% to interrupt. I'm guessing this varies from weapon to weapon or from spell to spell. That would make it a pretty complicated formula, and also difficult to convey. Is the base interrupt soley based on the attack type? Say does one base attack have an interrupt of a 40% and another a base of 50%? If so the +20% would yield a +8% or a +10% bonus depending on attack type (48% or 60% depending on the base attack) or is there a base 40% interrupt + the attack type?  I think in this case the developers have to be very clear about the mechanics. If people don't understand how a stat works, one of three things will happen. Either people will leave it at "10" because they figure nothing really bad will happen if they mess with it or people will dump it, and add to stats which they understand will work well for them, or people will try to make a character with high perception with the idea of experimenting a bit and then decide if they like it.

I think it's bad to use percentages to modify integers that then decide other percentages. I mean, dealing 10% more damage is fine. That's immediately comprehendable. But, my weapon has an Interrupt of X, and that versus a Concentration of Y = my % chance on an Interrupt roll to actually interrupt, and my X getting modified by Z%? When you see, at character creation, a "+24% Interrupt", it's hard to know how that's actually affecting your interrupt chance.

What if it was just a hard chance? And Concentration just reduced it? So, when you get +6% (it would probably have to be reduced back to 2 or 3 or something) to Interrupt for a point-above-average in Perception, your base Interrupt chance, assuming no other contribution for simplicity's sake, would be 6% (so... a 95 or higher on the attack resolution scale). Weapons could just have a flat, additive "+5%" or "+8%" (etc.) Interrupt modifier. So, if you had a base of 10, and your weapon gave you 10, you'd have a 20% chance to interrupt. Then, if the enemy's Concentration is 7, then 20-7=13. So, you're left with a 13% chance to Interrupt that foe.

That seems pretty intuitive. Or something similar, at least. Of course, I guess that's contrary to the whole attack resolution math. *shrug*

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u