Can there be a better way to select portraits?

Hi, just starting the backer beta again.

I find it irritating that we still have this portrait selection. Clicking through and viewing one at a time is not a good design. By the time you get through all of them you forget what the earlier ones look like exactly, it makes it hard to compare and pick which one you like the most. Especially as they add more in, and you have a bunch of custom ones (which is quite popular with these games)

A grid system would be much better. The ability to view them all at once, easily compare and then click what you like. Possibly even categorized into race in the grid. There is plenty of screen space on both sides on the character model to do this

Edited by Bli1942
  • Like 2

I'm wondering why we have to scroll through both male and female portraits?

Anyway... A grid solution has been suggested, I hope it will be discussed by Obsidian, but I don't think we will see any changes until the expansion?

UFWDJRj.jpg

Yeah when you go to select a portrait, it would be nice if a screen popped up that allowed you to click on a male or female icon or something that browsed that sex's portraits. It's just easier to navigate because you can go forward and back through the selection when you get to the beginning/end - currently you can only go forward or back within the selection.

I'm wondering why we have to scroll through both male and female portraits?

Anyway... A grid solution has been suggested, I hope it will be discussed by Obsidian, but I don't think we will see any changes until the expansion?

The short answer to that question is mayonnaise.

t50aJUd.jpg