Attribute system revamped?

Were you one of the people that said to remove Accuracy? Because if so, I can see why you'd be defending your idea.

I wanted to remove attack speed, give accuracy back to dex (while also slightly nerfing the bonus), and give perception back interrupt plus a slight bonus like percent to convert graze to hit.  That done we then give deflection to resolve and make int be what it started as.  I explain what I wanted Deflection to become in response to this....

You know,  as much as we proclaim about accuracy being the modifier to get damage...  You've got to realize that by symmetry ,   DEF  is the way to avoid it.

You are absolutely right.  There is only one problem.  You can't miss in this game.  As a result the benefit of Deflection is causing the enemy to graze more, but many enemies still do okay damage on graze and there are many talents and abilities that turn grazes into hits.

In anything deflection should also grant a slight damage resistance.  Or just be damage resistance period.  It would be a more effective stat that way.  Or if you want to get really out there it could turn into a percentage chance to "downgrade" the attack.  Crits to hits, hits to grazes.

Edited by Karkarov

You know,  as much as we proclaim about accuracy being the modifier to get damage...  You've got to realize that by symmetry ,   DEF  is the way to avoid it.

You are absolutely right.  There is only one problem.  You can't miss in this game.  As a result the benefit of Deflection is causing the enemy to graze more, but many enemies still do okay damage on graze and there are many talents and abilities that turn grazes into hits.

Damage is relative.  The goal of DEF is not to be missed ,  but to not be Critted.    misses, grazes , hits,  they're all relatively the same thing,  "Not Crits".

That being said,  Josh's combat didn't seem to exhibit the same kind of astronomical hits seen in the Beta videos... I wonder how they're trying to balance things with maintaining their damage mod structure.

Edited by tdphys

Damage is relative.  The goal of DEF is not to be missed ,  but to not be Critted.    misses, grazes , hits,  they're all relatively the same thing,  "Not Crits".

That being said,  Josh's combat didn't seem to exhibit the same kind of astronomical hits seen in the Beta videos... I wonder how they're trying to balance things with maintaining their damage mod structure.

Oh the numbers were definitely tweaked based on the live stream.  There is a whole thread about the damage numbers being too high since the removal of the original DR (damage reduction) in the most recent patch.  I can only assume they have done more adjusting since then, which frankly, they had to do cause numbers are too high in BB 392.