Been gone for a while - how are things?

Matt516

most of the hostility revolves around the disagreement over the Engagement topic. My position on the topic (removal) and attempts to explain why it is bad and arguments against other points of view have garnered more personal attacks against me than ever on this forum

It is fair to say that the Engagement topic was where the hostility commenced, but the actual issue behind it always seems to revolve around the question of whether PoE should innovate or not.

Things are pretty boring nowadays. We used to have important raging about ragdoll physics and other essentials. Now, it's just one long, irrelevant harangue after another about engagement or whatever. But atleast there is still some animosity. =)

• Like 2

most of the hostility revolves around the disagreement over the Engagement topic. My position on the topic (removal) and attempts to explain why it is bad and arguments against other points of view have garnered more personal attacks against me than ever on this forum

It is fair to say that the Engagement topic was where the hostility commenced, but the actual issue behind it always seems to revolve around the question of whether PoE should innovate or not.

I dont think that's the case, but a very common misunderstanding between players hostile to each others views (i.e. yes-man vs nay-sayer). Although he's certainly on the conservative side, as I understand Sensuki's main concern with engagement it's not that it's changing IE combat per se but that it adds more problems than it solves, because the AI is way to simple to consider engagement as anything more than just a permanently locked target.  

Discussion was always heated, but I think it started to get to a point where it is really annoying that the basic approach to any conversation is being hostile and personal feuds are interrupting the topics more often than necessary.

I dunno... maybe the discussion's more heated because people are so cold this time of year. 6_u

(I accept that this joke relies upon my geographical location, and is not globally true.)

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Discussion was always heated, but I think it started to get to a point where it is really annoying that the basic approach to any conversation is being hostile and personal feuds are interrupting the topics more often than necessary.

I dunno... maybe the discussion's more heated because people are so cold this time of year. 6_u

(I accept that this joke relies upon my geographical location, and is not globally true.)

Works for me.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.